See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Stayed at the selwood lodge for one night in July the place was very clean and family who run it very welcoming can't wait to go back which we will do very soon hopefully 10 minutes to the beach and 15 minutes to the pier and restaurants

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The owners are lovely people. Sorry I know they have been here for 40 years but it shows. The first thing I noticed when checking in was the extra charges for milk/tea/coffee. The dining room is shabby 1970 decor, full of clowns and knick knacks.The bar has a snooker table in but smells very musty.
My single room was clean and adequate. The TV bracket needed to be tightened so it wasn't pointing downwards. Shower was lovely but a small sachet of shampoo hardly enough. At breakfast I thought for a change- a nice piece of smoked haddock - a bit like chewing cardboard round the edges. Nice poached egg. Shame you are limited to 2 butter/ marmalade per person.
The bed was terrible with every button and spring popping up to keep you awake. Penny pinching at it's best.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I had a nice few days at Selwood lodge the owners were very help full to me as I am a coeliac and they provided me with gluten free food for my breakfast the room was very clean and comfortable Mick from London

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Stayed here as it was very close to a party we were going to and based on good reviews. Friendly welcome and comfortable room. As a traditional B&B this is a nice place to stay and breakfast is very good.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Yes this was our first time staying at the Selwood Lodge and from the first moment we stepped through the door you know your somewhere where the hosts care for their guests , we had an excellent 2 night stay and would recommend this excellent guest house to anyone . We will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are to the high standard ours was
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family