“Excellent meal/cocktails/service.....5 star”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hayrick
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Table for 8 of us on Thursday before Easter. Fab cocktails to start with (and end!) at 2 for £10! Very good value on the wines too. Food is top top draw! The sea bass was superb, all of us had great starters and mains. Staff are superb in every way! As I'm not from the area (I work here) I'd not been before. I now hear that it looks like it's closing soon as lease gone???????? Such a shame if so. I'd recommend to anyone get here while u can! Top draw guys!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Chris0007

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Whitestone again and had a great Sunday lunch. Meat was lovely and tender just what you expect when a restaurant uses a quality butcher such as Frank Parker’s. Great value 3 course meal. Good choices on the menu. Just a shame the restaurant was so quiet not what you expect on Easter Sunday. Apparently 3 tables had booked but failed to turn up. Shame on those people. Staff were great as usual. Probably the last time we will visit until new owners take over this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Popped in last Friday evening for drinks after work and ended up staying all evening with friends. The restaurant was busy and as we hadn't booked we decided to sit in the bar and have cheesecake for tea instead (it was the weekend after-all!). Best decision ever, the cheesecake is fab! Visit here for that if nothing else!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Had a birthday meal booked for a month
phoned up to confirm the time on the day, and was advised that they were not opening due to an electric fault

Well thanks for contacting me - terrible service!!
If I did not turn up for a meal, a restaurant sometimes charges for non arrival. I should consider charging for spoiled plans

poor!!!

8  Thank andy1966a
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful meal.. cheesecake to die for og and the cocktails!
Excellent service too.