All reviews stayed here milk and cookies town centre chessington world of adventures swimming pool two double beds leisure facilities kids eat free train station good size per day air con breakfast staff both mornings executive room car park business trip
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We are YouTubers so attend a lot of events and have to stay over night in hotels.
We were going to the Sutton Theatre.
We stayed with 1 adult and 1 child. The Hotel has a swimming pool with a hot tab. We were fascinated. The room we stayed in was a family room and was awesome. It had a Jacuzzi bath. Hotel is faultless. It is close to shops, station and you can get something to eat as there are loads of restaurants, It has parking too.
I would love to go again. I have stayed here twice too. Im looking for an excuse to go back again. lool.

Room tip: Family room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DeniseK2285, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the facilities we offer. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn several times over the years, but a little disappointed this time. Really in need of a refurb. We were in an executive room, only slight upgrade we noticed was a mini bar fridge. Room was clean and bed fairly comfortable. Air conditioning as all holiday inns not very efficient. We stayed beginning of July so weather very hot. we would have liked the room cooler.
The breakfast was also a let down, we had to wait for hot food to be cooked, as no fried eggs or bacon and they were not particularly busy. The coffee from the machine was undrinkable.. We had breakfast in M&S the 2nd day, much cheaper and good quality.
We chose this Hotel as we were visiting Wimbledon Tennis, which should have been convenient had the trains been working, signal problems all day so we had to use buses both ways, probably the hotest/longest journey between Sutton and Wimbedon we have ever experienced.
We probably won't return unless things improve. when we return for the Tennis we will use a hotel closer to Wimbledon. as train service can not be guaranteed these days.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. Although we are not able to effect the issues you experience with the public transport, I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to use our hotel again and that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We were rather spirited to see a deodorising plug in when we entered the room. It was quite overpowering so we unplugged it.
When we returned to the room later it smelt of damp!!!!
I wouldn't stay here again, fix the damp problem don't try to mask it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I was very concerned to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay at the hotel. I can offer no excuse, only my sincere apologies for the obvious annoyance this caused you. I have noted your comments and passed them to the relevant Departmental Manager for their immediate action. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Positives:

Fantastic breakfast - tightly curated selection, very fresh fruit, bread etc. and efficient smiley staff. One of the best hotel buffets I can remember.

Very helpful front desk, e.g. coming out to assist with bags, offering late checkout, and staff generally quick to assist and friendly.

Wonderful pool, good layout and spotlessly clean.

Free children’s packs, toy library, even milk and cookies vouchers.

Negatives:

High parking charges

Evening restaurant service - waited 30 mins for dessert one day and 45 mins for main courses on another. Kids’ meals are free, but debatable whether it’s worth the wait for adults! The only area where service was poor and lets the hotel down. One star off for this. Thankfully plenty of other dinner options nearby.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. I was very concerned to hear of the problems you encountered when dining in the restaurant in the evening. I can offer no excuse, only my sincere apologies for the obvious annoyance this caused you. I have noted your comments and passed them to the relevant Departmental Manager for their immediate action. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

we had a good stay here as part of our Chessington World of Adventures deal
The rooms were clean
the breakfast was great
kids enjoyed the pool

The staff in the restaurant morning and evening were all very welcoming and wonderful to deal with
I would stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nmujuru27

Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future..