US$111
US$137
US$115
US$106
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$154
US$146
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
Hotels.com
Days Inn Cobham M25(Cobham)(Great Value!)
US$63
De Vere Hotels
Thatchers Hotel(Leatherhead)
US$66
US$64
All reviewsthe pubroast beeffish cakesfor sunday lunchold churchlivercomfortable bedcoffee machinepretty churchlovely roomfull english breakfaststayed for one nightrunning horsegatehousecheltenhamiainascot
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Recently took my girlfriend here for dinner. Was oustanded by how good the scallops were that we had. Then the steak I had after was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Would strongly recommend anyone to go here and try it, can't wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Wonderful dinner last Friday evening,good service ,good food and ambience
Private banquet which was a plus
The steak was perfectly cooked medium rare and of a good thickness
Fine Bordeux wine list is a plus too for a pub meal

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went for dinner with my husband and my little boy... Very surprised that there is not a children menu all the offered was fish and chips, sausages and chips or lobster and crab macaroni cheese ( I’m sorry but what 4 year old like lobster and crab)
They finally acomodated some black linguine but it came and it was a bit crunchy just to no say that it was very dry... and £7
Started we had scallops (delicious) but it was just about it the pea pure was very bland, for main course my husband order lamb very fatty and I ordered sea bass, fish was over cooked and the broth was so bland I don’t even know how you manage to get the sunfire so unappealing?
The beer was very good and the presentation for the silent pool gin was good too...
But all in total we only went for a good meal and came out very disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TheRunningHorses, Manager at The Running Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your feedback from you recent visit with us. I can only apologise that we did not meet your expectations when you visited us. I have discussed your comments with the Head chef and will are looking into the shortfall and ways that we can improve.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

A recent visit to the Running Horses for lunch was disappointing. Previous visits have been good but on my recent visit I found the restaurant rather cold and the waitress, who was polite and pleasant, clearly needed some extra training. Having taken our order my friends and I waited 40 minutes before she came to check that she had our order correct. We suspect that she had forgotten to send our order to the kitchen as she then came to tell us that there was insufficient chicken for my friend’s salad. The roast chicken that two of us ordered tasted nice but there was very little in the way of vegetables. We asked for some additional potatoes and were given what we strongly suspected were tinned potatoes. The chef assured us that they were balled potato that had been poached, which may have been true, but the taste did not warrant the effort that must have been taken. After our main course we then had to ask for a dessert menu. The desserts were good but we then had to search for the waitress to get our bill. A reduction was made on our bill and we appreciated that but we felt overall that the waitress, who was new to the job, should have been given more support and the chef should make sure that the dishes are worthy of their price

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

I can only apologise the we haven't lived up to your expectations of your visit with us. I would really appreciate a more direct conversation with yourself so that I can ascertain some more detail's of you visit and investigate our shortfalls, Please feel free to either telephone the pub or send us an email.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

An old coaching inn, the Running Horses has got a lot going for it and feels like a perfect place for a good Sunday lunch. However, the food and service proved to be something of a mixed bag.

The roasts were good, if a little over-cooked. Unfortunately they managed to forget 3 kids’ fish & chips, which meant that I’d had most of my Yorkshire pudding snaffled by hungry children by the time they eventually arrived :)

Most of us had ice cream for dessert. Somewhat bizarrely, they brought one portion which was a flavour that wasn’t on the menu, but the ice creams themselves were tasty and the brownie that a couple of us had was very good.

All in all, a decent lunch in a very pleasant pub with slightly haphazard service.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family