All reviews theme park family room travel lodge thorpe park budget hotel bus stop high street pleasant stay reception staff bed was comfortable would stay again easy access one night stay waterloo surbiton kingston
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and professional. The gentleman on reception was happy to explain parking to me and then again to my daughter as I had forgotten.
The parking is in a multi storey car park that links to the hotel.
The rooms were clean.
Breakfast was replenished and tables cleaned constantly.
We couldn't believe it was a fantastic twelve o'clock check out.
We were able to enjoy breakfast and go to the local shops for last minute bits before leaving.
This hotel is in a wonderful position on a high street ( we didn't notice any traffic noise) close to Chessington World of Adventures.
When visiting the area, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Overall a short but pleasant stay.
We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist who, despite us booking individually several weeks apart, managed to allocate us, not only on the same floor but also just two rooms apart.
The room was spacious, airy, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was excellent though the absence of a bath mat made getting out of the shower rather precarious.
We were up on the 5th floor which gave us great views and helped alleviate the constant noise of the traffic below (the A3 and main Kingston Road). I would not want to sleep on a lower floor.
Apart from the lack of a bath mat and hairdryer (though you can ask for one at reception), the internal doors in the corridors slam shut loudly unless you hold and close them yourself. And they are loud! Again, we were at the other end of the corridor so it wasn't a huge issue for us but when booking avoid a room near those doors.
Tolworth station is just a ten minute walk away. I would be happy recommend this particular Travelodge.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to easily complain but:

Firstly, I can’t fault the receptionist, a young lad who was extremely polite and welcoming. However, I’m currently led wide awake in room 601 at 6:54am, having been wide awake since 5:20am due to the noise from within the hotel. This particular room has a door outside with doesn’t have any sort of stop or noise protector on it (unlike all the premier inn doors) meaning every time someone walks through it (every 5 minutes) it slams shut and is extremely loud; it’s what woke me up! People are too careless to think to shut it gently but then, should they have to? Also, all I can now hear are the lifts going up and down, other people’s doors opening and closing, toilets being flushed, showers being used, TVs, people moving about and talking - even with ear plugs in! It’s not their fault and these people aren’t being that loud, it’s just that the walls are so thin you can hear everything because the building is so old. Even on the top floor I can hear the traffic from the A3, with ear plugs in!

I usually stay at the premier inn half a mile away in Tolworth but thought I’d save my company £30 by staying here. I wish I hadn’t bothered as I’ll now be completely knackered for my business meeting tomorrow.

You get what you pay for but you may as well save your money and pitch a tent next to the A3 outside as it won’t be any quieter inside the hotel.

Avoid!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Molly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Chessington Tolworth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn of your experience and would like to look into this further for you.

Therefore, may we kindly request that you contact our Customer Services Team so that we can investigate this more thoroughly with the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

This a great Travelodge, full English breakfast and evening meal available, the bar was quite well provided; good sized bed, good size room, clean, friendly - enjoyed my visit. Shower a bit weak but acceptable. Can highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank thedamens
Reviewed 19 October 2018

I've stayed in a few Travelodge hotels over the years. This one has got to be the worst.
There were stains on the bedding, the TV didn't work and was possibly dangerous. Both of these were reported every evening during our four night stay, both nothing was replaced.
Both key cards failed to work when we returned every evening and had to be reset by reception.
The tea, coffee and toilet roll was not replenished and I don't think the room was cleaned during the four days.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Shaf from the Social Media Team. at Travelodge Chessington Tolworth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for submitting your review of our Chessington Tolworth Travelodge.

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay.

May we kindly request you contact us via our website with your review so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.