“Large pub”
Review of The Kings Tun

The Kings Tun
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The name of this pub is a reminder of Kingston's royal connections. Seven Saxon kings were crowned in Kingston or, as it was once known, King's Tun, meaning royal farm or estate.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great selection of beers and ales at reasonable prices at this Wetherspoons. Good breakfast at cheap prices. Fast service.

1  Thank rayrest

Reviewed 17 August 2018

The Kings Tun pub is quite close to the two Travelodges in Kingston and offers good food at a good price and it includes a pint of Guinness for less than £10! They have special meal deals most nights and these are a real bargain. The only downside is that it canbe very busy but they have numerious seating areas so you can find a quiet spot.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Not the best breakfast I have ever had. Milk was off, told hadn't be n out long. Asked how long told since around 8. Was now 9.30. Considering how hot it was, surely small jugs should be handed out. Had pancakes bacon and maple syrup. Mean on the bacon and pancakes very doughy.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I can't believe it. People are actually smoking in here, the smog was so thick it stretched from the door to the bar. I approached the duty manager, and she said I'm wrong as it's outside and coming in. I explained I know they are inside as no less than 5 people lit up inside. Another bar lady then said look at that smoke, they are inside. She went over to a whole group of males to ask them to move. All of this is going on whilst the door staff were doing nothing.. I really fell sorry for her. (Not the duty manager or door staff who did nothing though). Literally choking on the smoke and had to move table.
Then less than an hour later, the same again. Forced out of my seat along with others to not be coughing on the smoke. Door staff couldn't give a damn when mentioned and said just doing best. Not happy with this illegal approach to authorising smoking in a premises. The pictures taken don't seem to capture the smog rolling through the place, but coughing and burning eyes says it all.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited weatherspoons for as long as I can remember, I love the atmosphere , the drink is cheap and the food is spot on . Me personally I can’t find a single fault .. My girlfriend on the other hand has a BIG gripe with the chain of pubic houses . It’s not quite what you think , like myself she has had many a good night drinking , eating and enjoying the atmosphere.. we actually both went today for some lunch and a cheeky beer . Again food and service we can’t fault. My girlfriends issue is actually what happens a good few hours after visiting a weatherspoons.. we’ll both be sitting on the sofa and I’ll let out a very silent and discreet fart , but I’m always caught out because of the ‘ weatherspoons smell ‘ she’ll look at me in disgust like it’s my fault .. 1 fart she can maybe cope with but when I’m dropping more farts than a German bomber plane she isn’t a happy girlfriend. I really don’t see the problem because all I’m doing is bringing back good memories of our day ..
we both love weatherspoons and I’m very confident we’ll both be back very soon .