“Excellent flavours and spices”
Review of Golden Curry - CLOSED

Golden Curry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2016

My takeaway of choice, usually ordering a couple of times a month, from the delightful Chicken Tikka Pathia, to the Tika Revenge or Staff Curry. I've been hard pushed to find a bad meal from this place and despite a few times where they have forgotten a few bits I can safely say I'm a staunch regular.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Went here for a Friday night meal with 3 friends, was very disappointed. The restaurant was empty, but service was dreadfully slow still. Starters came, my starter was missing the puri bread to go with it, waiter told me " it doesn't come with any bread" I then asked to see the menu and pointed out " puri bread " he then said oh yeah.
Starters were the least authentic starters I've ever eaten, no taste and clearly straight out freezer. Mains came and was edible, but not enjoyable at all. All in all we was all very disappointed with our meals and the painfully slow and not warming service.
I really would save your money instead of going to this curry house, there's a marks and Spencer's in the BP Garage around the corner, the curry ready meals are a lot nicer in there.

1  Thank nhoppo
Reviewed 2 March 2016

4 of us had a Wonderful Meal truly delicious our children were made very welcome.
food really fresh.. We shall definitely return .. Thank you Ruby & family

Reviewed 6 February 2016

The price for takeaway delivered seemed to and vat upon vat. I ordered Madras and got vindaloo. The "king prawns" were a little bigger than shrimps but whimps as far as king prawns go.

2  Thank BillMar2016
Reviewed 2 February 2016

This is my one of my first Tripadviser reviews. Up until now I have read reviews regularly but never got round to contributing. Although it has prompted me into action it is really disappointing that my first revue has got to be so negative.

I cannot comment about the quality of the food as we walked out. I can comment upon our experience however, and on that basis, make up your own mind.
We booked a family gathering birthday meal there for Sunday lunch. Thirteen of us arrived at 12 noon. The manager previously confirmed the booking by phone so they were well aware of our arrival time and number.
On arrival, I noticed that the exterior was a little shabbier than that depicted their website and on Google Streetview.
The door was locked and there was no response. Our party all arrived and we remained outside (including the birthday lady and her husband in their eighties). We stood there until around 1210 when there was movement from within. Eventually an individual dressed as a cook appeared in the slip road at the side of the premises. He was unshaven and wearing the dirtiest apron you could imagine. He seemed surprised we were there but went back inside and opened up the front door. He then asked us to wait until the manager arrived. He smelt dreadful - mixture of general 'badness' and what I think was old alcohol. From that point on I decided that I would not have him cooking anything for me! He was quizzed about the sign within that said they would not accept cards, only cash, as there was a 'problem' with the machine. He confirmed that was the case. This was never mentioned at the time of booking or the confirmation call.
I cannot comment on the quality of the food, other than that attached to the mans apron - which was a shade of dark brown.
If this restaurant wishes to regain the good standards previously indicated on Tripadviser then they have a long way to go.

4  Thank Upjonners