“Both Mcdonalds in the shopping centres”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #367 of 537 Restaurants in Croydon
Reviewed 14 August 2018

You know what you are getting at McDonalds - Yes?. Well not in Croydon. This has got to be the worst run franchise I have seen in a long time. Today was so bad I had to video it. I could have had a three course meal cooked from scratch in the time it took to get a simple quarter pound burger fries and coffee. When it eventually came and despite three repeats I got coke not coffee and ice which I did not want. The fries were cold (probably due to the staff chatting by the fries instead of looking after the customers) But remarkably the box supposed to hold the burger I wanted did'nt - not sure what I got but it was not beef some kind of crispy thing in sauce. When I called a member of staff to look I got directed to the same queue I just spent 20 minutes in.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to grab a quick snack as I was heading to the cinema, the queue wasn't as big as expected but service was PAINFULLY slow, staff had zero interest in quickening the pace

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Spent 5 minutes looking at a rack of Quarter pounders before the server realised they were there. Of course, by that point they were cold and rubbery but hey, it's McDonald's. We don't go for the taste! :-)

In contrast the trainee server at the next till was everything mine wasn't. Quick, friendly and accurate with the order. So it's pot luck what service you get depending on whose till you end up at.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Listen, McDonald's is McDonald's. That's kind of the beauty of it: they are almost universally the same food-wise, no matter where in the world you are. The menu items vary by country, but the staples of a Big Mac and fries never change (except in India, where you can't get an actual burger...but that's a different review altogether).

This review isn't about the food, but the total lack of seating for such a busy location. this wouldn't be such a terrible issue if, when seating finally became available, you could find someone working there to clear and wipe down the table. I have no problem throwing away another lazy person's trash (if I must)...but I'm not cool sitting on Fanta puddles and setting my Coke down on smears of ketchup.

Hire more people!

1  Thank FairHairedFoodie
Reviewed 17 August 2016

The restaurant was very comfortable, we ordered and payed and before we knew it our number was called. I ordered a chicken salad and want a specific dressing which they did not have and they offered me another one, and apologized. The food was very delicious.