“You have no excuse to stay here now!”

Normanton Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Croydon
Normanton Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I didn't check out the hotel for reviews before I booked, so more fool me. If you've read the reviews and you stay in this hovel, then you only have yourself to blame.

This is the smelliest and most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. Squalid would be praise. If my wife had been with me, I'd have had no choice but to find an alternative room. I was there on business the afternoon of my stay and travelling home in the morning. I wouldn't have felt confident in going into a meeting after staying at the Normanton.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel to the Normanton.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Bob B
There are newer reviews for Normanton Park Hotel

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We were foolishly booked into this place by our company, upon arriving the building was verging on derelict. After 15 mins waiting for someone to check us in, it then took another 20 mins of total confusion for Mr. peacock to work out who we were. As we were taken to our room all the carpets were thread bare, even on the stairs! The room stank, had lino floors and a very dirty looking sink in the corner. I didn't even want to look at the bedding! The toilets were tiny, smelly and extremely dirty, and the lock was so rusty you couldn't lock it. The bath was even worse, holes fixed with fibre glass and not even smoothed off properly and a sign to say do not open windows due to wasps! We contacted our company and told them we refused point blank to stay there! I've been to trouble hot spots round the world in the forces and this has to be the worse place i've ever seen!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank neil l
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is... well, it's mostly kind of like a hostel for drunks or drug addicts or something like that. Very few 'normal' paying customers.

Prices are low but, well, you get what you pay for in this instance.

Might just about suit someone who's no stranger to squalor & is literally just looking for somewhere to get their head down & then leave. Other than that to be avoided.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank TFP2London_UK
Reviewed 1 August 2011

scrap cars in car park, smell like it looks when you get through the door. not been looked after since the 60s. same could been said for the owner. place was full or what I could only say there where people who where at their lowest due to drink or drugs. cost me a weeks money only stayed 1 hour slept in my car in a layby as safer and did not smells like a toilet. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS FEA BITTEN LOWEST OF LOWEST SMELLY DOSS HOUSES. I Hope People Read This Before Booking. It Needs Pulling Down Its A Death Trap.

• Stayed: July 2011
10  Thank whatdosshouse
Reviewed 15 May 2011

this is the smelliest, nastiest place I have every visited let along stayed in - it stuck to high heaven - nasty nasty place -- would be surprised if it is still open - has anyone stayed there recentaly

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo