All reviews birthday party busy road tea and coffee double room would stay again hari funeral
Reviewed 14 September 2018

1) No air condtioning in SUMMER
2) No fan
3) Ironing board & Iron stowed under bed, how can anyone expect to look for these items there?
4) Iron has no steam and a really cheap ineffective equipment
5) Fire alarm set off by shower steam every time
6) Everyone had to evacuate building at 2am because of 5) above - this is incredible. Never witnessed this before
7) You have to pay £50 in advance for drinks at the bar
8) Double bedroom is about as big as the double bed, almost zero space to move
9) My high performance car was backed into in the hotel car park and cameras recorded the event. The staff simply do not even care to get back to you and help you find the culprit. This will cost me £2,500 to repair my car door.
10) Most unhelpful staff ever, they will not return your call no matter how many times you call
11) No cash machine on site or nearby

Room Tip: Just dont stay there
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of my training through my recent employment. The rooms have all the amenities you’d expect, they’re spotless with a good size tv. The food is absolutely amazing with a great selection and an after 10pm room service should you require it. The WiFi in the rooms and around the hotel is very good, however it is the staff that really get the 5 star rating from keanan serving drinks with a smile and friendly chat and impeccable service to Ellie and Katie who serve the food with a warm smile and great recommendations for menu choices to Gemma and Sophia on the reception desk who will do anything above and beyond to help your needs. Not forgetting Anna who works tirelessly to deliver good customer service, hands down the best all round staff you will find in any hotel and they appear to all get along like one big happy family. Highly recommend this great value for money establishment.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I stayed in hallmark hotel in Croydon on my openreach training course and the staff delivered excellent customer service tended to all needs and if ever I had an issue it was resolved promptly the attitude of the staff here is brilliant they all go that one step further and would definitely stay here again and highly recommended. many thanks goes to the following staff members, Anna(waitress), Katie(waitress), Ellie(waitress), Keanen(waitor/bar staff) and new starter Gemma and both managers nishant and Sophia.

Room Tip: floor 3 has nice rooms all depends on how many person(s) are staying
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We was given room 59 it was very small but that was notyhe problem it was so hot even though the heating was not on we opened the window thinking it would help as it was not a warm day but we got ready as going out. (The bathroom had rusty metal all over). When we got back the room was even hotter it was so bad i couldn't sleep (there was 2 fans in the room which was strange as the room was so small) now i know why i put these on and slept out side tbe covers with window open and it was still very hot. On check out there was only one person on at 11 (check out time) i waited 30 mins got no sorry for the wait no how was your stay just what room number i saud she took card then pick up the phone. Never going back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

When I first found out I was staying here from the pictures I had high hopes as it looked nice but how I was very very wrong!! I stayed here for a few weeks between August and September for business. I dreaded coming back here after the first week! The staff are very rude and I get the feeling they couldn’t be bothered to be at work. The worst part of my stay was the food. The “chef” can’t cook to save their life. Members of my team described the burgers as eating a hockey puck. The chicken was very dry and very bland, the steak they seemed to either under cook or over cook what you asked for and even though you mentioned it to the staff they took it away then within a few minutes later brought back out and it was pretty much the same. So we couldn’t eat it. Apart from the fact the food was horrible it also took ages to come out. One night I complained about the food being really dry and bland so the waitress took it back into the kitchen, then 5 mins later the manager came out Maria I think her name was, came over to me and said she didn’t want to argue with me and that she’s tried the food and there was nothing wrong with it. I’m sorry but I wouldn’t make up the food was horrible for no reason? Why would I lie, and for the fact the first thing she said to me was that she didn’t want to argue with me, I thought was very rude. Our last night we stayed there, we ordered our food at 18.00 and it didn’t come out until 20:00. Two hours is a bloody joke! Once the manager brought the food out they actually forgot about mine, so I had to go up to him again and ask where my food was. that’s how we spent most of our evenings, waiting for our dinner to come out. I don’t know how it can take someone so long to cook food and bring it out. The rooms were average no air con working in any of them which was helpful considering the heat we’ve had this summer. Was like walking into an oven after a long days work. The shower seemed to leak in a couple of rooms I had, one of them being room 46, it soaked the floor so I had to lay towels down to soak it up. I would avoid this place and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone visiting Croydon!! This hotel gets a huge amount of money from the company I work for and to be treated like this is so disrespectful. I will be reporting this to my manager to hopefully move our accommodation to somewhere nicer and friendlier. AVOID this hotel!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business