See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Great 5 days in between trips. Got my phone fixed at the Samsung Store, and ate dinner at The George. 3 Tesco stores, 2 Sainsbury's, and great Mini Cabs, all suited me just fine.

Vinnay was an exceptional staff member, who did it all. The room was just big enough for me, the WiFi was great, the TV was great (although small monitor), kitchenette was well appointed and worked, garbage was attended to each morning. I hate climb-in Tub showers, but that's just me. Very comfortable bed.

Location was a 10 minute walk to Centrale shopping center, and The George. East Croydon Train station was 10 GBP taxi ride. In the center of a dozen bus routes, to go anywhere farther than a brisk walk. Nice sidewalks, great farmer's market.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

'Single Studio Apartment' = box room size but with a small shower + toilet; one small window overlooking neighbouring rooftops. Stayed 4 weeks-a bit claustrophobic but adequate if on small budget. Sheets only changed once per week; towels the same unless you asked-but they were always willing. Daily cleaning is only emptying bins-again unless you asked. Having said that, the only two staff I ever saw were always cheerful and helpful. Washing machine & dryer (communal) had no instructions anywhere, likewise the microwave in the 'apartment' was fixed below the sink and therefore almost impossible to read dials. Perhaps my greatest concern was that there are no onsite staff. Reception is not manned. There is a speaker call button outside the front door which will call the senior of the two staff members who lives down the road. The night before I left the fire alarm went off late evening. It being only 4 days after the Grenfell fire, everyone took themselves downstairs immediately...and called the staff member via the said call button. He came within 2 minutes but it wasn't a very comfortable feeling. Tulsi needs to invest in some modernization, improvements and staff to make it an attractive and safe place to stay. They could do with visiting one of the new Premier Hubs which have even smaller rooms but are 90% more attractive.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

booked this hotel for a night and when i reached the hotel main door was locked, rang the bell and someone let me in and gave me the keys that was the only time i saw someone at the reception and when I entered the room it had a very bad smell and the bed was very squeaky, over all experience not good and not recommended

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amir S
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Although there was a nice maintenance guy painting the corridor/stairwell during our 2 weeks here, & the chambermaid was very helpful, the owners need to pay more attention to regular maintenance & cleaning routines. The chambermaid changed linens & a basic clean on changeovers or longer stays, but the skirting boards/radiators/window ledges were greasy with fluff. The bathroom ceiling fan was also covered in grey fluff, & the one over the cooker dripped with grease.
The 'daily clean' was just the bin being emptied, & the expected 'hospitality tray' was just a welcome tray & not replenished.
Also, what a terrible shame that the lift shaft (hidden by the reception desk) was empty - arriving tired, late at night from another country, it was not pleasant to have to climb to the top floor at the age of 70; although the young man did actually carry up our cases. We were fortunately moved to another, cleaner room after a few days, but both rooms had peculiar showers (installed very high & strangely positioned) which tended to flood the bathroom floor every day. Also, as I had been unable to unpack for a few days until we moved rooms, I tried to iron my husbands shirts on a sleeve board which kept collapsing, with a frankly dangerous steam iron which flooded every time one tried to fill the water tank.
Hardly a budget deal, although it was mid-year, but not even in London. Do not expect hotel service, despite their signs which boast of 'Daily Serviced Apartments', or the misnomer of 'Aparthotel'. Sorry, Tulsi, you need to improve your standards for the future.

Room Tip: Front noisy from main road, street lamplight intrusive; can't open windows more than an inch, so check fan working.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 2 nights. Entry to hotel is via security door. The reception area is a little to be desired. I've never quite seen something like it before ever! It's very casual! I waited for about 8 mins until someone came to the desk as he was helping another guest. Very polite etc. He did offer to carry my suitcase up which was nice but I declined.

Room was at the end of a corridor which frankly stunk of curry but that didn't bother me as I was more interested in the room!

The room was ok. A very low down double bed with a couple of bedside tables. A desk and chair (which had seen better days) and a kitchenette. Fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster! However, they were not in a good standard and i was a bit afraid to use them! All the furniture had clearly come from IKEA.

Bathroom was ok. Shower was slightly dirty with the odd hair or two in there.

My sleep wasn't great. Bedding was good and comfortable but with lots of external noise, the constant creaking of the pipework from the radiators as well as the light coming from underneath the room door, a good nights sleep is literally impossible.

Wifi is horrific too. Tried to stream a football match to no joy (my team lost so it was probably better I didn't watch it).

Parking is limited to 3 spaces which are usually taken up by staff! There is a couple of 24hr car parks within a 5 min walk. They are slightly pricey so make sure you budget for them.

Some good restaurants locally if your venturing out for a meal.

£107 for two nights plus £25 parking, if you don't need to be in the centre of Croydon, I'd look elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business