I stayed here as part of a very large group of business people at the start of October 2011.
You can understand why top club and international sports teams stay here as the place has fantastic facilities with extensive grounds.
The food was good and service OK, if at times a little slow (and, perhaps, surly?). I did get a sense at one point that while the hotel was happy to take the money they felt that a big group of, at times loud, guests was a bit of an inconvenience - though given my comment above about sports teams I'd have thought they were well used to a demanding clientele.
I had a large room that was well-appointed (it should have been for £400 per night) though the decor was not to my taste, being done in the style befitting an Edwardian gentleman.
Overall, this is high-end country house hotel that luxuriates in its reputation. Is it worth the money? Probably not if you're paying yourself but if someone else is then enjoy....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments, afternoon tea in the Ascot Bar, lunch and dinner in The Brasserie and is a perfect venue for weddings, conferences and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park, An Exclusive Hotel & Spa Bagshot, Surrey