Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
TravelocityUS$199
Orbitz.comUS$199
FindHotelUS$199
TripadvisorUS$199
All reviews rudyard lake sunday lunch lovely carvery lovely location bar menu my partner salmon staff were lovely full english tea and coffee alton towers vegetables venue fab staffordshire cottage
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2020

Absolutely lovely stay here . Room was spacious and clean and was in theme with the style of hotel bed was very comfy . Roast beef at tea time was amazing as was a full English breakfast this morning . presentation was bang on . social distancing was in place .Everyone wore masks or a face shield until seated and table service was on hand . Sanitizing stations were placed around the hotel .
The hotel staff and management were all lovely and very friendly nothing was to much trouble for them. Myself Lianne and daz highly recommend .

Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

We visited yesterday for Sunday Lunch.
The carvery isn't open so we ordered plated roast dinners off the main menu instead. We both had the roast turkey, it was lovely, the meat was tasty and served with a nice selection of veg and gravy. We were too full to fit a dessert in but saw the waitress walk by with the cheesecake that looked delicious too.
The staff were all really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They also had covid safety measures in place.
Will definitely be returning in the future.

2  Thank slou78
Reviewed 5 September 2020

A hidden gem. Beautiful location with absolutely delicious food! Friendly staff and good service. Would definitely recommend. We’ve eaten there a few times now and each & every time has been lovely! Today was our first visit since lockdown and they’ve dealt with COVID brilliantly; a one way system, hand sanitisers every few meters, adequately spaced out tables, Perspex screens on the bar etc.

2  Thank michellefJ2456PQi
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Check-in was quick and easy. Our room (number 7) could do with a lick of paint but was fine otherwise (quirky railway theme, which I liked). There is no shower and again this wasn't an issue for me, I just had a bath but it would be a pain if you were there for longer I think. We had booked to eat at the hotel and I was concerned after I'd read some of the reviews but I needn't have worried. I had the beef, cheese and bacon burger and hubby had the Rudyard burger. It came promptly and was delicious. The only downside to the hotel is that the bar closes at 9, even to residents, which no-one had mentioned. It was a Saturday night of the bank holiday weekend so makes no sense. What made even less sense was that the bar person was still there when we went to bed at around 10.15! So why not carry on serving? Is it something to do with Covid? The hotel needs to re-look at that I think. Anyway, the hotel is in a lovely position for a walk along the lake or a ride on the miniature steam railway. I'd definitely go back and if we had a room with a shower and the bar stayed open longer I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

First time we've been and have to say we were very dissapointed with thevery average food. Defenitely not home made. Scampi was over cooked and dry same for the chips. Chicken burger was almost black it had been dried so much. The desserts were £5.95 and we're not o lt very small they were clearly shop bought.. So dissapointing. We paid half price for eat out to help out and would defenitely not pay dlfull price. Will not be returning...

Date of stay: August 2020