“Hidden gem in a pub.”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Alton
Description: A warm and welcoming traditional village pub, bed & breakfast and Coffee Shop owned by the Alton community. Situated in the heart of Alton Village, only a mile away from Alton Towers and close to the beautiful Churnet Valley. We have a choice of three comfortable bed and breakfast rooms - a double and two family rooms. Thai food served - Thurs, Fri, Sat, evenings 6pm to 9pm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The White Hart is a must go to for authentic Thai food. The menu has a good range of traditional Thai dishes. The Tom Yam soup is delicious spicy and fragrant. The stir fried basil was also fragrant and mouth watering it's just a pitty we didn't have room for a dessert. One we will definatly visit again, we are planning what to have next time already.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I booked this hotel for one night as it was the closest and cheapest to Alton Towers. The room, the atmosphere, and everything in between was pleasant! The highlight for me was that it was dog friendly and I got to pet a lot of dogs!!

Only downside is even though it states the rooms are available at 4pm, no one is actually there at 4pm to see you in. We had to phone a number on the door and wait 15 mins, after a tiring 3 and half hour drive, for someone to show us in.

Other than that, I’d happily choose this hotel for that area again!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to the White Hart for the first time last Friday evening. We were there for 5pm, and it was quiet. The barman made beer recommendations that we enjoyed on the rear patio.

Dinner service starts at 6pm, and is all Thai. The food and service was great, as was the (modest) pricing. We will definitely visit again and recommend to you.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Great Thai food, fresh tasting and piping hot. Will definetely be returning, a great addition to the village

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend at the beginning if July 2018.

We stayed in the family room with one double bed and two singles. The room was a good size for 4 people, especially with 2 children who need space.

The room was well stocked with biscuits, tea and coffee, plenty of towels. There was also a fan in the room as it has been very hot recently.

We arrived just in time for the England match for the World Cup. We sat in the pub which was full but felt comfortable. At half time some food was brought out for everyone. When we placed our first order the lady behind the bar gave the youngest some bubbles. Both these things I thought was a great touch.

At teatime I asked for advice on where to go for food as I was unsure if the two children would be a little fussy with the Thai menu. This was no problem and recommendations were given.

During the night there was a party on in the pub. I can't say that this caused us any problems with sleeping and it was not too noisey.

Breakfast was lovely! We were greeted by a lady who took our order and prepared the meal. The full English breakfasts were spot on! Good selection of cereal etc. The lady was lovely and chatted to us about our stay and included the children in the conversation.

The only downside of the stay was it was too hot! This is not due to the venue but due to the extreme hot weather we are having at the moment.

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Alton Towers which is just round the corner, a 5 minute drive.