Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews room was large an upgrade sunday lunch good size checking out bar and restaurant lovely hotel carnival weekend comfortable stay two nights evening meal steak car park excellent value for money an overnight stay plenty of parking tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2020

Did a visit for a work conference, amazing food, even brought it up to the room for us.
Amazing service, Danielle and Dan were amazing, nothing was too much trouble.
Easy to get to and very reasonable prices

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2020

The Walnut tree staff were very helpful and listened to our particular requirements. The dining room was bright and well decorated and all Covid-19 safety measures were reassuring. We felt perfectly safe at all times. The hotel provided delicious food and excellent discreet yet friendly service. Our guests were vey impressed and we were delighted with the menu, quality of food and value for money.

Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

My Husband and I recently travelled to Cornwall and used this Hotel as an overnight stay we were that impressed that we used the Hotel as an overnight stay on our homeward journey
The Staff were so hospitable and nothing was a bother
A special mention to leanne who works in the bar and restaurant she was lovely and an asset to this Hotel
Also to David who went out his way to make sure we had a meal waiting for us as we arrived just when the restaurant was closing
The rooms are just right and we got an upgrade the second visit to a suite with fluffy dressing gowns!
Thankyou for our very enjoyable stay
I would defenitely recommend getting breakfast it was delicious

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2020

called in 20mins before lunch service due to finish on way back from sunflower farm in Thurloxton. saw chef on way in..very pleasant member of staff greeted us and offered a table in restaurant or bar lounge. decided on latter. Excellent light snack of steak sandwich with onion jam& gherkins and chips. roast beef sandwich with large sude salad. despite being only customers left to serve food took so long to arrive my wife had to order second glass of wine which waitress had asked if we wanted more drinks whilst chasing up food. Food and second glass of wine arrived together. HOWEVER it was worth the wait as saud food excellent, very good size portions and well cooked/ presented. Value was good COVID monitoring/ restrictions/ directions very good. Payment slow as my wife had to find someone to rake monues as she found toilets. May have been due to time We left at 3.10pm an hour after arriving lunch aervice ending 2.30pm. Very pleasant and clean decor. Looks like a place worth spending a short break at

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2020

Booked for two nights having visited by day previously to meet friends, very big room,v.comfy beds (twin beds) ,large bathroom and evrything very clean.
Easy friendly check-in, but I would have liked porterage, however the room rate was very competitive so shouldn`t complain too much about that.
Smashing barmaid who turned out to be the undermanager and an excellent pint of real ale and we had booked a table for dinner, all good so far.
However....we placed our order in the bar and were called through after about 10 minutes, then we waited an hour for our meal, not good, the food however was good, but I`m certain that my so-called 14oz steak had been on a diet!
Beakfast agin was very slow service, the girls although very friendly and willing need a lot more training and I suspect that both the restaurant and kitchen are understaffed; no sign of any management at that meal, AND there were no cornflakes! and the coffee was poor.
We wer out for dinner the second night, meanwhile I had had a long chat with the assistant manager and breakfast the following day was a vast improvement as she served us, the coffee was hot and fresh, the food was good, BUT and I`m not joking, there was no Fruit and fibre! There is a small Tescos opposite the hotel I believe they may have stocked Cornflakes and Fruit and Fibre!
Nonetheless we were overall very satisfied with our stay and I hope that things have improved when we return next January for a four night stay.
Note. The writer of this review has had a lifetime in the food and service industry, Bakery, Cafe,Restaurant,Outside Catering and a highly successful B & B. Training is the key to every successul service business, product knowledge and a smile is the key, this is a great little hotel with wonderful staff who will benefit from additional training from the people who themselves have been properly trained.
We look forward to our next visit.

Room tip: Apparently all rooms are large