1,214 results
All reviews bristol channel sea view old fashioned lift severn estuary traditional hotel terrace bar wedding party bit dated clevedon pier top floor room was large public areas stayed here for one night short break biscuits four poster bed lovely room
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely big hotel that must have been the place to visit in its day. Don't get me wrong it is still a good place to come. Friendly helpful staff, plentiful breakfast that was only missing mushrooms.

If I had to make a comment it would be get a carpet cleaner. Strange request but true. They all needed a clean. Maybe they do it once a week? Stains in 209 seemed to have been there a while.

Seems a popular venue for weddings etc and it has an on site treatment room for those massages!

Stayed: April 2017
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear lkrmusic,

Thank you for the review following your stay at Walton Park Hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and I can assure you your comments will be passed on.

I was pleased that you had a good stay and thought that Walton Park was a lovely big hotel. Our hotel is a classic Victorian building which has many quirky characters from its traditional features, such as the old-fashioned lift and creaky floorboards. Although, many public areas and rooms have recently been refurbished, which have been well received by our guests. I appreciate your feedback regarding the carpets and will pass this onto management.

It was wonderful to read that you found our staff friend and helpful and that you enjoyed your plentiful breakfasts, I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

Our hotel has lots of experience hosting weddings and is a popular wedding venue due to the stunning waterside views and dedicated staff. As you mention, we do have a relaxing spa treatment room in the hotel, which offers guests an array of massage packages and beauty treatments.

Thank you for choosing Walton Park Hotel. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We had a family group of 22 staying here for a night. The private dining room was set up beautifully and the staff were all very attentive. Excellent food and rooms too. We all had rooms with sea views which I recommend. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Heather B,

Thank you for such a complimentary review following your stay at Walton Park Hotel. I was delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you were fond of the stunning sea views!

Our hotel is a popular venue to host group events and celebrations, so it was wonderful to hear such lovely feedback. I was delighted that you thought the private dining room was set up beautifully and that our staff were all very friendly and attentive.

The chefs at our hotel are passionate about serving excellent quality food, so they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food.

Thank you again for the review and kind recommendations. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Used this hotel for one night before a meeting the next day. Wish I drove down in the morning instead. Parked up and handed my key and went to the room. You know that disappointment that hits you when you see where you've got to be? That washed all over me. Room was tiny with a stale old folks home smell. Appointments were dated and the fittings were very dated. I had a dreadful nights sleep due to the bed which felt older than me thanks to the springs digging into my back. The plumbing could do with a rejuvenation as well. It felt like a hamster dribbling on me thanks to the lack of water pressure. As I left my room for breakfast the smell of grease hit me so I gave it a swerve and got some out. All in all a great stay...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jacka483

Dear Jack A,

Thank you for the review following your stay at Walton Park Hotel. Your feedback is important to us and I will be sure to pass it on.

Our hotel is a classic Victorian property, therefore in keeping with the period property, we have traditional décor and timeless architecture, of which many of our guests enjoy and feel adds character to the hotel.

The comfort of our guests is very important to us, so I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your room and will be sure to pass your feedback on.

Our guests are usually complimentary about our food at the hotel, so I am sorry if it was not to your taste.

Thank you for choosing Walton Park Hotel.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

The hotel has a fantastic position overlooking the estuary - that was the lovely part!

I was unlucky enough to have a 'scaffolding view' room - it was very tired, with no wardrobe (unless you count the cupboard full of rollaway beds and spare bedding - smelly! yak!). The room was very tired - stained carpets and grubby decor.

The bed was comfortable.The shower over the bath was awful - impossible to get to the right temperature -

Breakfast was ok - nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Ask for one without scaffolding & request a walk in shower
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Balikissangel

Dear Balikissangel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Walton Park Hotel.

I was delighted that you felt the location of our hotel was fantastic, offering stunning views of the Severn Estuary. Although, I would like to apologise if your room view was disrupted by scaffolding and that you felt the room was tired. When possible, our staff will always offer an alternative guestroom if you feel unhappy with your rooms.

Our staff take pride in the appearance of our guestrooms, so I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your room and shower. Our hotel is a Victorian building, therefore our décor is traditional in keeping with the period property. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the maintenance team. I was pleased that found your bed comfortable and do hope you had a good nights sleep.

The chefs at our hotel are passionate about serving excellent quality food, so I was pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast at our hotel and will be sure to pass your compliments on.

Thank you again for the feedback. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

On arrival at the hotel wet and bedraggled, we were met with a fairly indifferent receptionist, who carried on a phone conversation for at least 10 minutes without as much as looking up and registering our presence. I appreciate the receptionist was making arrangements for a future function and the caller was asking lots of questions,but I feel perhaps it would have been better to have offered to call the the telephone client back, or better still find somebody to help her manage the reception area better. We were eventually given the key and told where our rooms were situated, but I can't tell you the disappointment we felt when we opened the door to our 'Estuary view room' only to find the only views we had were of dirty windows and a great deal of scaffolding blocking any other view, I went down to discus the problem at the reception, but that seemed to place the receptionist way out of her depth, and she didn't appear to know how to handle the situation, so I asked to speak to the manager but was told she wasn't there but my message would be passed on to her, which in fairness was the case, as we were later offered a change of room, but that wasn't possible until the next day, but we were also given a free bottle of wine to have with our evening meal. The move to our new room was sorted out efficiently without any hassle by the housekeeping team, the 2nd room was much better, though it has to be said it was very very cold, the main cause of this was the draft coming through the sash windows which we had to block with some serviettes, but the position and the views were lovely, the decor was a bit dated, but the room was well kept and spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable bed, the bathroom was dated but functional with plenty of hot water. We had 3 evening meals in the restaurant and one bar meal, on balance I think the bar food was better value, but in both areas the food was cooked nicely and presented well, the restaurant staff were always very courteous professional, the young lad who I think was called Ollie was particularly good. The breakfast was reasonable with a lot of choice for those who wanted cooked food, but for those of us who prefer continental breakfast the choice was rather uninspiring. I feel with a little attention to detail this hotel has the potential to be stunning, with its authentic Victorian facade, and its wonderful position over looking the estuary hopefully its a work in progress, would we go again?? I'm not sure.

Room Tip: check there is no scaffolding outside your window
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan J

Dear Joan J,

Thank you for the review following your stay at the Walton Park Hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed onto relevant staff.

Our staff at the hotel strive for excellent customer service and are often complimented on their welcoming service, so I was disappointed to read your comments regarding reception. I am sorry if you felt disappointed with your room, however I was pleased that this was resolved and that you were offered an alternative guestroom as possible and were given a complimentary bottle of wine.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the stunning sea views from your room and that you found the room spotlessly clean, comfortable with good bathroom facilities. Our hotel is a classic Victorian building, so we do like to keep the décor quite traditional in keeping with the period property. However, all of our rooms are designed with your comfort in mind and are equipped with modern facilities. I was disappointed that you felt a draft from the window, I will be sure to report this to maintenance.

It was delightful to read that you enjoyed your food at our hotel and that you thought it was cooked nicely and was well presented. It was also wonderful to read that our restaurant staff were always courteous and professional during your stay. I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the chef and restaurant staff!

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is valued and shall be passed on. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.