All reviewspower showersized roomextensive menurestaurant downstairsovernight stoppleasant staffspecials boardfamily mealfull englishfood was averagefood was lovelyhotel is situatedwi figreat stopovergood nights sleepsunday carverysalmon
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my family go here quite often and we love the food here.. our favourite is the Carvery especially, the amount of meat you get is good for the price and you can help yourself to as much veg and potatoes as possible! Best Carvery around here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
tim m, Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the carvery as we have been trying to improve choice and quality over the last couple of weeks it’s great to hear that it’s working.

I will share your comments with the team

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night last Thursday on route to Cornwall to visit our daughter, son in law and grandson. It is located just off the M5 at junction 23. Very easy to find. The room was lovely and very clean, tea and coffee making facilities were in the room, which was ideal for us as we left before breakfast. Meals are available in the pub, which we took advantage of, the food was great, staff were very nice and helpful. Would definitely recommend. The only thing was as a previous reviewer said, with the hot weather we had the window open and we could hear the traffic from the M5, this would not stop us staying here again and is only a minor thing, we still managed to sleep and if you didn't need the window open you wouldn't notice

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for the great review. I’m very happy to hear you had a good stay.

I will share your comments with the team.

Enjoy Cornwall and we hope to see you next time you’re passing

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We went for Sunday lunch as we came away for the weekend. And just seen the 2 4 1 offer. As entering the pub I noticed the floors was very very dirty. Was we walked our feet actually stuck to it. We sat at our table which was also sticky. As we went up for the carvery it looked beautiful although there was hardly any meat but loads of veg. I was surprised there was no mash. The food was very tasteless. No taste to the cauliflower cheese or to the gravy. Certainly wasn’t worth the money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your last visit.

I can only guess that if there was not much meat left that we were close to end of serving the carvery as we do not serve all day.
We have never served mash on our carvery as some of our competition do - our reason for this is that we prefer to use items that are fresh on our carvery - all of our competition use frozen/instant mash potatoes on their carvery decks.
I am surprised that you found the food to be tasteless, after serving over 300 carveries in less than 4 hours with no complaints this has perplexed me a lot.

With regard to cleanliness I can assure you that the pub was thoroughly cleaned in the morning and all the tables are wiped before the next guest is seated although we had experienced some heavy rain so I do accept that floors would not have been perfect.

Once again apologies if you feel let down however I do hope that you will return in the future

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Basic, rooms aren’t that protected from the main road outside, the bathroom really needs a better clearer and the shower door needed fixing. Breakfast was okay, however there are little staff present to greet you in the morning. Evening food is okay, slightly concerning given most is 2-4-1 but pub seemed busy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for the review.

I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t entirely happy with your visit.

The shower door has been put down for replacement and I will be passing on your feedback to the housekeeping team regarding the cleanliness in the bathroom.

With regard to breakfast as we only have 14 rooms we have historically only had 2 members of team on - 1 in the kitchen and one to serve however as we are now getting busier with non resident breakfasts too we do have new breakfast team starting in the near future.

I do hope you will consider returning (even if it’s just the one night). If you do please contact us and ask for a room to the rest of the hotel away from the road and we’ll be more than happy to oblige.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stop for one night to break up a Journey and chose a this over the Premier inn after a previous visit to a Marston Inn.
We chose to eat as well in the evening but after we chose the waitress had to come back to say it was not available twice.
Our concur with previous reviews to say that road noise was a problem so you had to choose between being cool or it being quiet either way a good nights sleep was not had.
If we were going this area again would we stop and the answer to that is only if the Premier Inn was full.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for the review.

We are looking into resolving the issues with road noise with new glazing etc. Unfortunately this will take some time but the good news is the process has begun.

If you do stay in the area again please do take a look at booking with us - we are usually a lot better value for money than our purple competitors up the road.