1,028 results
All reviews hot tub ricky's cooking the craig goch room hosts john free standing bath mynydd rugog room huge bathroom roll top bath cadair idris stunning views fantastic food warm welcome the main house bed and breakfast local area idyllic location eggs benedict
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The host (John) was very accommodating and friendly, offered some coffee, spoke with him about a few things, he offered to show us around. Overall this place has some great views and you should definitely consider visiting it.

monkaS

Room Tip: All I can say is monkaS
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gedeath1
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello there it was good to meet you and thanks for leaving this review - however we have never been called spooky before! Hopefully the only spirits on offer here at The Old Rectory on the lake are the excellent Dyfi gin from across the mountain in Corris and the very pleasing Penderyn whiskey from Aberdare! Both seem to be appreciated by many a guest.
Best wishes from John, joint owner.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

To be honest, I choosed this room because of the recommendations I read on several platforms, so my expectactions were very high. When my wife and me followed our GPS and left the mainroad, we first thought, that we would be wrong as there was nothing but pure nature. Suddenly, we captured the Old Rectory on the Lake on the other side of Lake and we couldn´t believe the beauty of this location.
John received us with a warm and funny welcome. We liked him from the first time we met him. He the right person to run this amazing place with his personality and joy!
When we checked in at the Craig Goch Room we became speechless because of this incredible view over the Lake with the deep green mountains in the background.
We spent an awesome quite night, hearing nothing but birds. The breakfast was on top, we didn´t miss anything and the view from the breakfast room was as amazing as the view from our room.
As we arrived on a sunday, we couldn´t get the chance to taste Ricky´s well recommended dinner, but John offered us some nice snacks and a good Gin.
It was very hard to leave this place, we regret that we just stayed for one night. Such a shame:-)
But John left us with the best recommendations regarding our ongoing travel as he convinced us not to go all the way up to Snowdon. He recommended a beatiful walking path instead wich was such a 20 minute drive away and were very happy that we choosed this one. It was just lovely and easy to walk and for sure not even less beautiful than Snowdon.
What else can I say!? Maybe that I highly recommend John as well as his crew who are making the Old Rectory on the Lake such an amazing place. Thanks!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bentzsven

I am almost lost for words after reading this incredible and much appreciated review so all I can really write is "danke sehr". Your kind words are even more meaningful as you are involved in tourism yourself and have stayed in many a place all over the world so you are obviously a discerning traveller.
Our kindest regards to you both from John and his crew.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The food is second only to the views and fun hosting by John. The area is so beautiful and a pleasure to walk around and again, Ricky's cooking was so fab, we were stuffed to the brim with michelin style dishes xx

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ash184
Snowdoniatraveller, Public Relations Manager at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

It was my owner's utter pleasure to have you to stay for a few nights here at my Tal-y-llyn pastures and they said that you were the most engaging of guests. John, Ricky and Adam really enjoyed your company and we all hope to meet ewe again one day.
I send you both my sincere bleatings, Marian Fleece, The Old Rectory on the lake's model employee.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked for one night but were so impressed with the beautiful accommodation stunning views warm and friendly service from all staff and the delicious evening meal and breakfast we will be returning. One night is not enough

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Snowdoniatraveller, Owner at The Old Rectory on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Andrea it will be our pleasure to welcome you here again and thanks for posting such kind comments about our home and what we try and offer our guests here at Tal-y-llyn.
Kind regards from Ricky, chef and joint owner.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Just about to clock up an amazing 1000 very positive reviews on TA - and for good reason. Definitely one of the best - if not THE best - B&B we've ever stayed at. John is a great host and Ricky an amazing chef......and the location? WOW! 'Book with confidence'!

Room Tip: Just ask for a view of the Lake.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Mike, having written well over a hundred reviews on Trip Advisor you are obviously a very discerning traveller so this makes this incredible review even more pleasing to read. Thanks so much for this amazing recommendation and please give my kind regards to The Wirral.
Very best wishes from John and Ricky - joint owners of The Old Rectory on the lake.