Dolffanog Fawr
US$159
US$155
  • Restaurant
T'yn y Cornel Hotel(Talyllyn)(Great Value!)
US$134
Penmaenuchaf Hall(Penmaenpool)
US$222
US$215
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

White Lion Hotel(Machynlleth)
US$92
US$89
Wynnstay Hotel(Machynlleth)
US$126
Brackenhurst House(Fairbourne)
US$153
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$104
Min-y-mor Hotel(Barmouth)
US$130
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge tablehot tubperfect hostsother guestsmountain bikinggreat bedroomlinen towelsguest housefantastic cooknorth walesbank holiday weekenda stones throwgreat wine liston numerous occasionscooked foodbeautiful locationgorgeous food
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Just on the way home from a weekend at this amazing house , I had booked to take my wife away for are wedding anniversary and what a find this was it truly is fantastic from the location to the views to the meals and the perfect accommodation .
Alex and Lorraine were perfect hosts and made are stay in there stunning home a delight from start to finish .
We will 100 % be returning for a longer stay then are weekend which we didn't want to end .
The only negative was they don't sell anniversary cards as my wife forgot to buy me one but I'm sure I won't bring it up in the future that's she's useless

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My wife and I spent four nights here last week. Although we have known the area very well for many years, this was the first time we had stayed at Dolffanog Fawr – a recently discovered lucky chance! The situation is beautiful, the garden looks down from one end of the Tal-y-Llyn (lake), the rooms and lounge are very comfortable, parking is straightforward and, most of all, Alex and Lorraine are very warm, friendly and charming hosts. Lorraine is also a very good cook (chef?) and Alex does a very good job as waiter! Two other couples, who were there at the same time as us, have been back on numerous occasions and the visitors’ book is pages full of praise. Lorraine prepares dinner from Wednesday to Saturday, but not Sunday to Tuesday, so if you want to eat in you’ll need to choose your days. All visitors (up to 8 people) dine in the evening at the same table (if you choose to eat in) and there is a set 3 course meal with Lorraine avoiding things people might not like. Alex says that the dining arrangements work well, because if people are not too keen on the idea, they don’t come! We found the company mixed and convivial! Wine is not cheap here. You can bring your own but Alex charges a “corking” fee of £10. If you want to eat out, there are two other restaurants about a mile and two miles away, which are reportedly quite good. A very good place to stay for anyone who wants to be in the Cader Idris area. We shall visit again – hopefully soon!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KENNETH S
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time that my husband and I have visited Dolffanog Fawr and it won't be the last. I didn't want to post a review because this place is a hidden gem that I want to keep to myself! It is truly the epitome of relaxation.

Upon arrival, Lorraine greeted us and showed us to our room. We had fresh filter coffee in the lounge then were left to explore until dinner.

The memory of the gorgeous food was something that stayed with me from our first visit and it didn't disappoint on this trip. Lorraine created a perfect meal for us which we all enjoyed. Meals are served at a communal table but I find that the other guests are likeminded so conversation flowed and no one was awkward.

We took Alex's advice on doing the precipice walk which was amazing. Both Lorraine and Alex can give you some inspiration for sightseeing.

The rooms are well equipped and the Wifi is intermittent but we expected that as there isn't great signal in the surrounding area (we took it as an opportunity to disconnect from data!!).

We will definitely be back and would highly recommend this place! A family run business with perfect hospitality!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Alex and Lorraine were amazing hosts and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was brilliant! The hot tub in the garden was also amazing, some lovely views! This was our first time staying in a B&B and we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Dolffanog fawr
2nd time here... Although first review. Absolutely incredible stay- just as before. Clean and hospitable rooms, wonderful facilities and the best backdrop anyone could ask for. The star of the show really is the breakfasts- always superb. We brought our dog along and took full advantage of where this b & b is situated. Alex and Lorraine are great hosts; laid back and relaxed but know of every: nook, crannie, restaurant, walk and adventure in their area. We will definitely​ be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple