Hotels.com
Trip.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Snaptravel
All reviews steam room overlooking the bowling green no lift cocktail bar central location lovely hotel market town afternoon tea car park evening meal bed was very comfortable my mum lovely meal cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent cooked to perfection nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020

We had a lovely stay, very friendly reception staff, lovely clean rooms, spa was lovely and massages were fab! We had a lovely meal included in the package, would definitely return to the hotel, we had a brilliant girly weekend.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

What a excellent visit. From start to finish every member of staff couldn’t be more friendly and accommodating. Being on my own you never know how it will be but i felt like i was treated like a princess. i will definitely be back. The ladies in the spa where super friendly.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

We wanted a break for some long overdue time together.

We picked this hotel as they had a spa weekend deal on at the time. So this review will cover the restaurant and spa as well.

Hotel - We got to our room and there was a strong smell of smoke in the toilets, I spoke to reception and they gave us another with no hassle. The only issue was it was in a different wing with no heating. Reception got the towel radiator fixed and gave us an electric heater to heat the room.
The rooms were nicely decorated and they do seem to be “doing it up” as some parts of the hotel are modern and others are tired and dates. I wasn’t sleeping in the hallway though so the decor wasn’t an issue.
It was clean as well.
So the staff are excellent and the building is average. 3/5

Spa - this was great. The girls were friendly and the treatments were nice. 5/5

Restaurant - The food and wine is incredible. We really pushed the boat out as well. Both steaks were cooked the way we asked.
The one and only issue is the way they price the food. Say it’s £30 for a steak, well you then need to spend £2.50 if you want chips, £2.50 for some mushrooms, £2.50 for some peas etc.
You don’t know if each side is enough to share until it turns up (it isn’t) and if I’m being honest, I’d rather the chef just served the meal as he/she intended with everything on the plate. I’d be happy to just pay a bit more to have that.
Again the staff were great. 4/5

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Dinner was amazing that’s all I can say. Booked in to the hotel at £230 for two twin rooms on the top floor, no lift, no use to the Spa as that’s why we picked the hotel. Half the Restaurants closed, had to go to a bar next door too get drinks. Then to top it off we could of got it cheaper through booking.com instead of booking direct. 14 years I’ve been a hotel Manager and you haven’t got it right at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sebastiano Siddi, General Manager at Wynnstay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and to comment how much you enjoyed your experience in our 1727 Restaurant. Your positive feed back is very much appreciated, I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.
I am sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectations regarding certain aspects of your stay. I am sure that considering your 14 years in hotel management you would have taken the time to read our confirmation letter sent to you prior to arrival and visited our website before booking. This would have given you the chance to familiarise yourself with some of the adjustments that we have had to make to the way we operate due to the Covid 19 government restrictions and also find out that the hotel is a grade 2 listed building with no lift. All the changes that we have introduced over the past few months can easily be found on our Covid 19 operating procedures on our website including the restrictions regarding the booking of the Leisure Facilities prior to arrival.
We offer great 24 hour room service, this can be achieved easily by calling reception using the phone in your room. One of our members of staff would have been more than happy to provide you with drinks in your room without you having the need to go and collect them for our Wilsons Bar.
I have checked the rates available during your stay and I can assure you that you could not of been able to book any cheaper rate elsewhere unless you would have tried to book the date of arrival when rates are adjusted pending on availability.
Stephanie, I am sure with your EXPERIENCE you would appreciate that these are very difficult times for the hospitality industry. All the decisions made by myself and the changes to the way we operate are only based with one thing in mind which is to keep our guests and staff safe while trying to offer the best hospitality we possibly can. I have tried to do this by being transparent and upfront by publishing these changes on our website, in our confirmation letter, and in our welcome pack on check in.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2020

Revisited after 12 months break with isolation etc. COVID-19 rules in place and well managed. Good choice of menu and some special offers as well. Very busy but people socially distanced etc . Fish,chips and mushy peas excellent. Staff friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Didn’t stay hence unable to give opinion on rooms etc
Date of stay: September 2020
Sebastiano Siddi, General Manager at Wynnstay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for all of your kind comments.

All of our staff have been working extra hard to keep up to date and implement the Government Guidelines with regards to Covid-19 so that all of our guests feel safe and relaxed whilst dining with us.

We thank you for your support and do hope to welcome you back.