“Giving opportunities for great people”

Yellow Submarine - Witney Cafe
Ranked #65 of 105 Restaurants in Witney
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Our café, situated on the first floor of the Windrush Leisure Centre, doesn't just sell delicious freshly made food and drinks, it creates incredible, life-changing opportunities for young people with disabilities. We pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming atmosphere, paired with what food critic described as 'a whiff of M&S or Pret'... we'll take that as a compliment, although Paul, our manager, would argue our coffee is a league above! Do please come in and try us for yourself- we'd love to see you.
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Now, I won't review this on false pretences, I know someone who works here but I am not biasing my review on this! I came in for coffee and a sandwich, and it was what I expected and more and at a good price! Now this cafe gives people who are unable to work full time for various reasons the opportunity to work (and hard) and give responsibility where this increases much needed confidence, social interaction and good old hard work! Will definitely come back next time I am around. Brilliant cafe! Also the honeycomb tiffin is a must!

1  Thank Luke D

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

I come to the cafe at least once a week with my family and we love it. The coffee is very high quality (I have a loyalty card) and the food is lovely, extremely good value and fresh. I can't fault this cafe and would recommend to everyone especially if you have little ones as its good quality without breaking the bank. The staff are all so friendly and accommodating well done!!

1  Thank fairylou
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Project to help young adults with learning disabilities gain confidence and experience of a live working environment. Great food and great drinks, don't be put off that it's in the local leisure centre, it is open to the general public regardless of centre use. Do your self and your community a favour!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

This cafe has taken over from a commercial venture in the leisure centre, and is so much better. It is partly run by young adults with learning disabilities, supervised by staff, and is a great place to go.They provide a good service and a variety of food and drink.It's a place to go and relax and enjoy the surroundings .

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Love this place and all that it stands for. Great ethos, friendly service, delicious food and excellent prices. All it needs is a couple of sofas, some paper and crayons for the kids and some clever lighting to give it a cosier feel. Well done Yellow Submarine. We look forward to coming back!