“calm and spacious”
Review of The Wild Rabbit

The Wild Rabbit
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wild Rabbit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Kingham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The waiters were amazing, I spotted a nibble on someone else’s table - a pate on a slice of toast that looked so good, I just had them have a taste - I am an awful one for food envy! Without so much as a backwards glance a taster was put in front of me, and it was amazing - I would recommend without hesitation - perhaps we will spend the night, I would love to try the breakfast

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Excellent food and service. Great that Nathan the new head chef made time to talk us at the end of the night, looking forward to returning soon

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I booked this hotel for my husbands birthday and I have to say that I was rather disappointed on the whole. The rooms are lovely,very tastefully decorated and warm. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and found the staff rather rude and stuck up. We had a 10 month old with us who is extreme well behaved and not once were we offered a high chair for him. The website states that children are welcome but I can honestly say that that was not the case and if anything, we felt that we were frowned upon. If you are thinking of staying with babies or children, don't. This is not a child friendly hotel. The food was lovely, very fresh and tasty albeit very over priced! The somelier did not break a smile and we found him rather unpleasant. The atmosphere was very stale and we couldn't wait to leave. We were really looking forward to staying but the customer service needs to be improved and please, be more welcoming to your guests.....a simple smile does not hurt anyone. Such a disappointment!

3  Thank kissWestSussex
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Had a 10 out of 10 experience at The Wild Rabbit, it’s wonderful. The environment is laid back but well heeled, sophisticated but unpretentious. The kitchen is open, the décor rustic chic & the rural village setting quite idyllic. It stands approximately 2 miles from The Daylesford which also offers fabulous dining. Staff, many French, provided spot-on service, balancing well trained polish with a fun & friendly demeanour & the charismatic Front of House Manager was outstanding - completely on top of the job, with great humour & a twinkle in the eye. There’s a cosy bar for drinks & I particularly liked the Daylesford Rose Prosecco. The menu is a la carte or a tasting menu & food was superb. It doesn’t come cheap but prices aren't outlandish either (in my view). A decent selection of reasonably priced wines are offered plus an inventive array of cocktails & mocktails.
A fabulous experience all round - well done team.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have been to The Wild Rabbit many times before and considered it a wonderful treat for special occasions. Normally we would walk out buzzing with what a delightful experience it had been and if thoughts of money intruded, it was easy enough to justify the expense in our our minds because of the excellence. Sadly, none of this is the case any longer. Our recent visit left us feeling positively fleeced and regretful that we had wasted time and money going out to lunch at all.

Now I am not saying that the food was disgusting or that the service was dreadful. Both would have to be considered 'good' or 'very good' if compared with a UK average across all eating establishments. But in the bracket to which The Wild Rabbit aspires, even the word 'average' is now generous.

Whereas the food used to be exciting, it now borders on the merely pretentious, and the service, which used to be friendly and helpful (even if occasionally unpolished), now seems somewhat aloof and distracted.

Frankly, I would save your money!

1  Thank windupjellyfish