All reviews uneven floors the pub old building bangers car park at the back full english breakfast friendly locals great night's sleep cooked perfectly booked nights english hotel lovely old hotel comfy bed open fire clean rooms lick of paint some tlc
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We had a lovely overnight stay, the staff were friendly efficient and all worked really well together. We had an excellent meal in the bar with a few drinks and very good and friendly service. The ground floor rooms are a little jaded however and a good makeover is required. After a good nights sleep in a clean and comfortable room we had a delicious breakfast before leaving. Thank you to all the staff at The Bell.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Individual elements leave a lot to be desired but the overall impression is better than the sum of the individual parts. It is very old and looks it! The plumbing is antiquated and everything is a bit shabby. The food was adequate, but the menu was not large. Would I rather stay here or in a non-descript travel lodge? Here !!!!!!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Just called for a quick drink and we drank outside in the courtyard. It is a lovely courtyard quite quaint but needs some TLC. They are dog friendly. The bar area is again in need of a good clean and refurb but still was pleasant. We didn't eat there but the food they we bringing out for other people looked delicious.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My dog and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago (my parents stayed over the road in a dog unfriendly establishment!). It is centrally placed and has a small carpark at the back - back in so you can get out more easily. The staff were very friendly and looked after us both well. Yes, it is a bit tired (it could do with a lick of paint & sweep in the courtyard), but it was clean inside, the shower worked and my bed was comfortable. The building itself it is old with uneven floors - look at the front, no window is at the same level. if you have problem walking or want a dull experience, I'd advise going elsewhere. Too many people expect beige standardisation it seems. It was hot on the day I stayed (no air con), but I sat outside with a book & a beer till bedtime. I didn't eat at the Bell but did have a drink in the courtyard in the evening and then breakfast - very relaxing. My dog enjoyed her breakfast of sausage and black pudding. I went for poached eggs and toast & coffee.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The food here has to be eaten to be believed. . .
Tonight we had Plaice which was divine and cooked to perfection (hardly at all)
The mussels. . . Well I am from Australia (home of all things seafood) and New Zealand (home of mussel experts) and I have to say in all my 51 years I have never tasted Mussels as good as I had here tonight! 9an't wait to try this chefs other dishes - he sure cooks great food!
Outstanding food, outstanding service both times we have been here, nice cool and cosy pub with fantastic outdoor areas to boot!
Love this place!