“Good Location for Forestry Gigs at Sherwood Pines”
Review of Dukeries Lodge

Dukeries Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Edwinstowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Booked a single room for one night for a Sherwood Pines gig. Think Travelodge for the room but with a decent English breakfast. Everything you need, no frills. The bathroom door didn't shut properly from the outside and I felt uncomfortable sleeping so close to the open bathroom door. Also, it was really very noisy - well after last orders loads of noisy customers in the car park then noise from the main road until the early hours and again from early in the morning. Would use again but would ask for a room at the rear. OK for the price as full English breakfast was included. I couldn't get the WiFi to work in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the rear to avoid the main road traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The Hotel staff were generally friendly if not busy. The room was larger than I had expected and was basic but well appointed; nevertheless, the blinds are not suitable for a summers morning (especially at 5am) and the emergency light over the door bathed the room in a lovely green dappled light - not good for sleeping. The food ordered at dinner had seen better days - the fish was dry and the lemon cooked (?). Breakfast was far better: comprehensive and well cooked. The hotel wifi was only available in the bar, certainly not in the room, and the router settings denied email access unless via cloud based products.
The setting of the hotel was lovely, with a walk down the River Maun within 200 yards; and some lovely tea shops within 800 yards. I would recommend the Village Kitchen for their cakes.
The cost was certainly value for money.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We have booked one of our coach drivers in as the hotel he was staying in outbooked him. When the driver arrived at the hotel he was originally staying in, they found a room for him. It was late when this was arranged and first thing the next morning a lady from Dukeries Lodge phoned and was concerned about him not showing up. I explained the situation and she couldn't have been more helpful and explained what I had to do. The following day she called again to talk through the best way to handle the situation. Although we didnt stay, I found the customer service far beyond most hotels or B&B's. I would reccommend the Dukeries Lodge on their customer service and helpfulness.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

My stay at the establishment in itself was pleasant enough however prior to my visit the cost of the room was pre authorised and held. Upon check in, I paid the amount in full and asked about the held funds. I was advised that this was customary and that it would be released after check in. 2 working days later, the funds were still held and I tried ti call the hotel with no luck. I sent an email query and received a response requesting that I confirm check in date and that funds were released after 3 working days. After 4 working days, the funds were still 'held' so i sent another email enquiry. This time, I received no response. I have no idea when my funds will be released. Communication with the establishment is absolutely shocking! It has completely ruined my entire impression of the trip and based on this I would not be recommending the hotel, which is a shame as I had no issues with the stay itself. I am very upset and disappointed by this matter.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Stayed for 2 nights, small double room which was clean, mattress not good for anyone with a back problem was a standard Spring mattress, shower cubicle was small not much room to move but an OK shower.
Food could have been better very average for a pub, no specials board, fresh cooked would be nicer. Breakfast was the best meal.
Staff very friendly.
Plenty of room for improvement one room could be made into a lounge for guests to use instead of using as a dining area as plenty of room for eating.
Would use again though

Room Tip: Ok for short stays
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
0.6 km away
0.9 km away
YHA Sherwood Forest
YHA Sherwood Forest
#2 of 2 in Edwinstowe

Been to Dukeries Lodge? Share your experiences!