All reviews major oak top floor twin beds stayed nights sherwood forrest breakfast was included wedding venue would stay again saturday night one night stay pint lodge
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

The food here has definitely improved, maybe it's fresh competition from new restaurant in the village but a vast improvement. I think its a really good place to eat when your hungry and dont really want to wait. Quick service. We all enjoyed our food. We will come back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Very basic room but bedding appeared clean. Very noisy room as we were facing the front road and traffic seemed to be going up and down all night! The blinds were very dusty and the one nearest where we were sleeping didn't close so all in all a dreadful night's sleep. Breakfast was adequate but egg was undercooked, fried bread overcooked and toast cold and rock hard. I would have complained but after serving us we didn't see anyone again as they were too busy organising an event. When we handed in out keys they didn't ask how our stay was or even give us a backward glance!! Awful customer service - needs a few lessons methinks.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

I visited Dukeries Lodge for a family birthday meal and found it to be very average. I heard good reviews myself but I wouldn't say it's anything to shout about. The food (I had gammon and chips) was standard but more erring on the not enjoyable side. The place was nicely decorated but didn't look particularly new (even though it changed hands recently) and was mostly clean and tidy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Clean, If basic room. Perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Good facilities - branded tea / coffee in rooms. Great breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly and particularly good with youngsters.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Visited here when passing one day with the wife and can say the steaks and large cod and chips was really good at a very reasonable price. We had a couple of desserts to. The waffle stack with ice cream was a very large portion just for one, so great value. The wife said the apple pie was very good to.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple