“Nice spot of lunch”

The Wheatsheaf Coffee Shop
Ranked #5 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Morpeth
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The oldest coffee shop in Morpeth which is now under new management and has recently been refurbished. We offer food all day from 9.30Am till 4pm 7 days per week. The coffee shop is spacious with flexible seating options making it suitable for larger parties and with the availability of a high chair we can now cater for families with small children. We also offer an outside catering service.
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Visited today 14th August for a bite to eat, tea and coffee both good quality and the fish finger sandwiches from the specials board certainly were special, came with a lovely salad garnish coleslaw and crisps. Well presented food and very friendly staff.
Would definitely recommend this cafe.

Date of visit: August 2018
Jonathan W, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your meal and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We'd been to the Wheatsheaf a few times for a brew and a cake and had always been impressed, so we asked them to do some catering for our kids' christening.
The pies, tray bakes and scones were delicious, freshly made that morning and enjoyed by everyone. I'd especially recommend the cheese scones. Their prices were very reasonable and Jonathan even helped us estimate how much food we'd need.
Thanks again.
Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner had a breakfast here, it was burned to the point it was inedible. We complained to the waitress and she said ‘oh sorry about that’ we were still charged full price. We wont be visiting again !!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for your comments.
I cooked your breakfast’s on that day and I was made aware that you were not happy with your meal after you had finished.
I made the decision to charge you full price because you had eaten everything apart from half a sausage and an egg left on a plate which would imply that the comment ‘inedable’ is totally inaccurate. If I had been made aware of this immediately I would have corrected the ‘issue’ straight away.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Popped in to this lovely hidden gem after going to the nearby park with our two year old twins. The staff were lovely and very happy to spend a few minutes entertaining our children in between serving customers. I had heard effusive reports about the corned beef pie and it is safe to say that our boys were very enthusiastic about eating it (demolished in record time!). From personal experience the cakes are also ridiculously moreish. I was saddened to see a lengthy queue spilling out on to the street from Greggs as we left to walk down the high street. Families of Morpeth take note....

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Small cafe which is full of charm. What it might lack in size it makes up for with food. Take away food made freshly while you wait. Staff very friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018