“Love the new Menu”
Review of The Apple Inn

Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Belford
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A modern Country Gastro Pub, located in the heart of Lucker village, that offers an exciting gastro experience including superb Sunday lunches, a selection of freshly cooked traditional pub meals with real ales, beers, lagers and ciders, freshly brewed coffees & teas in a modern warm and welcoming friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

This is the second time we have visited this beautiful country pub we were very impressed the last time we came love the beautiful oak bar, stone walls and log burners very welcome on a cold March evening! The menu has changed since we last visited I had the lamb which was succulent and freshly cooked to my taste my partner had the chicken jalfrezi which he enjoyed immensely we both had the chocolate and orange brownies absolutely fantastic...we stayed in the D'Arcy suite above the pub we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this spacious beautiful room very clean, staff were friendly at breakfast time nothing was to much trouble, loved the pastries which were a nice touch, will certainly return when I am next in the area. The fantastic staff are a credit to you Apple Inn!

1  Thank jenna p
JJ189223, Owner at The Apple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience. Our team will be so pleased to receive such positive feedback.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Can’t recommend this place enough. We turned up as a party of ten without pre-booking, in our party there were 4 adults and 6 kids (between 6&10) plus a dog. Great friendly accommodating atmosphere,amazingly patient staff with a bit of local banter thrown in, even when the kids were getting over excited. Haven’t even mentioned the food yet.. #AMAZING#10 CLEAR PLATES or 11 if you include the dog #MEANIT

2  Thank Elaine T
JJ189223, Owner at The Apple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Loved it here and spent a wonderful three hours having great food during our Easter break, being served by lovely staff and chatting to other customers - and best of all they allow dogs and make them really welcome with a dog treat on arrival. Can’t understand the ‘avoid at all costs’ review by Michael S - we had a really lovely time. We were served by Dawn and Nicola, who frankly, made our experience the best. It was large, open, clean, with lovely furniture and had a real fire. There was also a separate restaurant for those who don’t want to be with dogs when eating. It had obviously been refurbished to a high standard (including the toilets which were immaculate). We were served in a timely manner with quality food and drinks and Dawn and Nicola couldn’t do enough for us. We had burgers, meats, french fries, sweet potato fries, vegetables, salad, brioche bread and butter pudding, chocolate orange brownie, apple pie, ice cream, custard - all of which were lovely. I would definitely recommend The Apple Inn and will return when I’m next in the area.

2  Thank Trish B
JJ189223, Owner at The Apple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Back again as we stay in Lucker -nothing has changed - the food is delicious and service from the lovely staff is great.
My problem still remains that the interior designer should be shot -there are lovely parts to the renovation,old stone walls,wood burners,wooden bar all complimented by the most uncomfortable diner style seating around the outer walls, naff tables and chairs and awful lighting.
Such a shame as it could be fantastic !!

JJ189223, Owner at The Apple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate the kind comments regarding the food and service and I will be sure to pass this onto the staff. In regards to the decor, that is a personal opinion for yourself and unfortunately we can't suit everyone's taste but the majority our customers comments on how well decorated The Apple Inn is.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We drove to this restaurant with great expectation, reviews were magnificent and the building impressively spruced up quite recently.

Unfortunately this was where the positive comments end....

We have dined in many restaurants around the world and expect a decent service and quality of food and drink, as anyone would.

We settled into a nice corner table, there were maybe only 10 people in the room including the 4 of us, not busy for a lunchtime which was a concern.

We then waited for 15 minutes for drinks and incredulously 70minutes for the wonderfully described food to arrive!!

During the wait for drinks the waitress, (I use this term under advisement as no other polite term springs to mind)
As she passed my wife’s glass of Glava to me she commented ‘aw man that’s aawful that man!!’
To which I uttered no response, shocked by the outburst in such an unprofessional encounter, I returned to my corner and the long wait continued.

The waitress offered no explanation for this ridiculously long wait, my children were more apoplectic than I was!

Eventually the chicken (bereft of spice)jalfrezi appeared, (my wife managed to force half down)
along with my burger sporting a lovely piece of bacon doing an impression of a leather tongue from an old leather boot...
it tasted as if the burger had been squatting in the pan for a Couple of days,
Very well done, (sorry that’s not a compliment).

The children’s meals were average at best and only half eaten by my ravenous kids.

We asked for waters for the table, and I’m still waiting for them??
The bar seemed empty and no explicable reason could be found for the incredulous delays.

So so disappointed!! as we all were...
As were the family in the other corner who looked despondent also...

I hope this review can point the management in the right direction for
It’s future improvement, as this place could be a gold mine if managed correctly,
the best of luck to you.

The waitress was plainly embarrassed at what we had experienced and offered a discount.... I would happily pay full fee for any satisfactory meal and tip well for the very good establishments, but I laughed out loud as the waitress(there I go again, with my inappropriate language, a thousand apologies) bid me farewell and quipped ‘see yahz all layta!!’

I think not....
we felt robbed of 2hours of our Easter holiday Life!

We are Iooking forward to an informed, placating yet patronising response from the management, yes I’ve seen the other responses.
4.5/5 is a very good rating, you must have your work cut out posting your own ratings day and night

Your review has some valid points and we use all feedback to improve the service and food we deliver. On this occasion we fully admit that the length of time it took for your food to arrive was totally unacceptable and we can only apolgise for this. Our food receives many positive reviews and clearly you didn't have the same opinion,hence the discount you received and once again we can only apolgise.

What I do not agree with is deliberately singling out and under minding the ability of one member of staff on a public website. There is no need for this type of rudeness, which has resulted in a member of our hardworking team being very upset after reading this review. You could have quite easily posted a negative review in such a way in which you did not verbally attack one individual, which would have been more ethical and practical. We have noticed that this is not the first time you have wrote a negative review for another business and once again you direct unpleasant comments on a member of there staff.

It is laughable to suggest that our high rating is obtained from posting our own reviews. Our rating is because of honest and decent people taking the time to post reviews after their own experience with us, winning the tourism pub of the year, would also confirm this and your review certainly won't affect our business which will continue to work hard to deliver food and service to our usual high standard.

We shall make the assumption that you will not be returning to visit us again.