All reviews modern hotel good size sunday carvery buffet breakfast flat screen tv rooms are spacious steak and ale pie family room early check evening meal play area light sleeper overnight stay double room excellent stay wedding party tea and coffee
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Pleasant overnight stay in modern clean hotel. Accommodation clean and well presented, room and bed comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities.
Public area adjacebt to the bar could have had more comfy seating.
Enjoyed my evening meal in the restaurant as well as my buffet style breakfast, would have preferred porridge.

Enjoyable stay for a golfing break, would recommend this hotel.

Situated on a business park on the outskirts of Alnwick.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
HonourW1, Guest Relations Manager at The Hog's Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Ah, thank you very much for leaving this review and for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Surprised to find this hotel is on a business park so were a little concerned at first. We need not have been. Lots of parking and a great location for exploring Alnwick and the surrounding area including Northumberland's coast.
Meals were a very good standard for pub food and staff are excellent, friendly and attentive. Dairy free options available including soja milk and dairy free spread. Rooms are large and well equipped.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman W
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Hog's Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for leaving this great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your Inn Collection Group experience with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A meal with my family son, daughter and her boyfriend. Great food good beer and great surroundings. As always high class food and service.
I had Steak and ale pie, my daughter had small fish and chips, my Son had a dirty burger and Matt had a chicken burger.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving this great review! So pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Lots of kids running around. Busy place with nice decor and clean. However food was average at best. My wife had steak and ale pie which was cold with poor quality meat. We complained and didn't have to pay, which is fair enough but we won't be going back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this, I am pleased we were able to rectify this for you. Apologies this has made you feel you wont be coming back but we do hope you will to give us another try.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at The Hog’s Head for one night while attending a wedding in the area. Our flight was first thing in the morning which meant we arrived very early for check in. Understandably, our room wasn’t ready. We were told if we wanted to check in early at 11.30 am that it would cost an extra £25. Otherwise they would try to have the room ready for 12 noon. £25 seemed rather excessive for an extra half hour so we politely declined.

We finally got into our room at 12.30 thanks to the lovely house keeper who made the effort to get it ready for us before we had to leave for the wedding. The room was a good size and very clean. My only negative about the room was that the mattress wasn’t very comfortable and I could feel springs in my back.

A buffet breakfast was included in our stay. There was a wide range of hot and cold foods. The hot food included fried eggs, bacon, beans and sausages. All of which was at a good temperature.

The hotel is located just off the A1, along with other services. It is very handy to get to and plenty of car parking, just a few minutes drive from Alnwick town too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving this review, so pleased the house keepers were able to do this for you as check in isn't until 2.30pm! Also pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to see you again soon!