“Lovely place and well worth a visit.............but”

and 1 more site!
Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weedon
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I couldn't fault the staff at The Heart of England when we had a stop over for one night.
We ate in the dining room the night before with friends and the food was brilliant. The staff were very welcoming the pub was warm and friendly on a cold winters night and the breakfast in the morning was just as good.
However our room was in an extension built onto the Hotel and was in need of some attention and a good clean.
The matress was cheap and uncomfortable and I had a terrible nights sleep. We had to ask for an extra heater because it was so cold, which was provided without hesitation.
I would stay here again but would ask to be in a room in the main Hotel, where I have stayed before and not had a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main Hotel not the extension
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debsiow
Paul A, General Manager at Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with ourselves.

We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative and your concerns have been noted. New beds and mattresses are due across all our rooms so hopefully on our next visit your stay will be even better!

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and no complaints, check in quick and easy room comfortable and with everything you need, wifi reasonable. We had a meal in the bar both of us had steaks which were good cuts and cooked just how we ordered them. Good 2 for one deal meaning two of us had two starters two main meals and two pints for around £25 which was really good value. Breakfast next morning was served promptly and fresh. Would definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Paul A, General Manager at Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Me, my wife and my wife's grandparents went to the Heart of England for a meal.

Flawless food. Good dinning experience. Well worth the money.

Me and my wife are planning to pop in when we are next in the area.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick O

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

The whole place isn't particularly welcoming when walking through the haze generated by the cigarette smokers congregating around the entrance. Once inside the pub there was a sticky floor awaiting, whilst I played hunt-the-staff. The room I stayed in was the noisiest hotel room I have ever experienced. Not only did the water system gurgle loudly whenever anyone in another room dared to use their shower or loo, but I had to endure the neighbouring room's TV until 2.00am. There was smashed wine bottle outside of my entrance door, whereas my colleague who was staying in another room had the somewhat odorous cigarette stub bucket outside their entrance door. To be honest the room was quite tired looking and the carpet stained. The bed however was comfortable. (If only it had been quiet enough to get some sleep). Interestingly I wasn't asked if everything was OK when I checked out, which may imply that they are used to the answers that they get here! I received a follow-up email questionnaire from Marstons once I had got back home to ask about my stay, in which recognising my dissatisfaction it prompted the automated response of 'Do you mind if we contact you about this?'. And did they? Of course not. Overall therefore, I really can not recommend this place unless you are homeless.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor experience the last time you visited The Heart of England. We are now under new management and I am confident that any further stay with ourselves would be vastly improved.

Once again apologies,

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Arrived late on a Friday which the setup being in a pub was well suited to handling. No issues with the check in process. Room was on third floor with stairs only for access. Room was well kitted out, TV, tea making facilities, good size bathroom, hair dryer etc.

Bed wasn't the most comfy as matress was old and could feel springs in it when laying down. Bedding wasn't amazing either. Room was tidy but could have done with a real deep clean to sort it out. Bathroom was like youd expect in a school, very easyto clean and very hard wearing but not amazingly pleasing on the eye, still it was clean and the shower was warm and powerful.

Secondary glazing throughout room kept noise and heat where it should be.

We only tried some nibbles from the pub so can't comment on the food and we skipped breakfast in favor of a drive out to Daventry to sample what was on offer.

All in all, a little over priced for what you ultimately got but i did not feel i had been done over

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, we always appreciate feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Paul Allen,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weedon
0.3 km away
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford
8.5 km away
De Vere Staverton Estate

Been to Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns? Share your experiences!