All reviewsfantastic valuesingle roomincluding breakfastattending a weddingwould stay againmain buildingsunday lunchfollowing morningyogurtpubensuitemains
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and no complaints, check in quick and easy room comfortable and with everything you need, wifi reasonable. We had a meal in the bar both of us had steaks which were good cuts and cooked just how we ordered them. Good 2 for one deal meaning two of us had two starters two main meals and two pints for around £25 which was really good value. Breakfast next morning was served promptly and fresh. Would definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Paul A, General Manager at Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Me, my wife and my wife's grandparents went to the Heart of England for a meal.

Flawless food. Good dinning experience. Well worth the money.

Me and my wife are planning to pop in when we are next in the area.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick O

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

The whole place isn't particularly welcoming when walking through the haze generated by the cigarette smokers congregating around the entrance. Once inside the pub there was a sticky floor awaiting, whilst I played hunt-the-staff. The room I stayed in was the noisiest hotel room I have ever experienced. Not only did the water system gurgle loudly whenever anyone in another room dared to use their shower or loo, but I had to endure the neighbouring room's TV until 2.00am. There was smashed wine bottle outside of my entrance door, whereas my colleague who was staying in another room had the somewhat odorous cigarette stub bucket outside their entrance door. To be honest the room was quite tired looking and the carpet stained. The bed however was comfortable. (If only it had been quiet enough to get some sleep). Interestingly I wasn't asked if everything was OK when I checked out, which may imply that they are used to the answers that they get here! I received a follow-up email questionnaire from Marstons once I had got back home to ask about my stay, in which recognising my dissatisfaction it prompted the automated response of 'Do you mind if we contact you about this?'. And did they? Of course not. Overall therefore, I really can not recommend this place unless you are homeless.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor experience the last time you visited The Heart of England. We are now under new management and I am confident that any further stay with ourselves would be vastly improved.

Once again apologies,

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Arrived late on a Friday which the setup being in a pub was well suited to handling. No issues with the check in process. Room was on third floor with stairs only for access. Room was well kitted out, TV, tea making facilities, good size bathroom, hair dryer etc.

Bed wasn't the most comfy as matress was old and could feel springs in it when laying down. Bedding wasn't amazing either. Room was tidy but could have done with a real deep clean to sort it out. Bathroom was like youd expect in a school, very easyto clean and very hard wearing but not amazingly pleasing on the eye, still it was clean and the shower was warm and powerful.

Secondary glazing throughout room kept noise and heat where it should be.

We only tried some nibbles from the pub so can't comment on the food and we skipped breakfast in favor of a drive out to Daventry to sample what was on offer.

All in all, a little over priced for what you ultimately got but i did not feel i had been done over

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, we always appreciate feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Myself and a friend stayed at this hotel/pub for the first time over the recent weekend and had a very pleasant stay. I had a room in the main building and my colleague had one in the outbuildings - both were clean and well-equipped for the price we paid and very peaceful. Adam the manager was welcoming and very helpful - we stayed for two nights and had to be quickly away each morning for an event we were attending A he helped open up promptly and we were always the first to order. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and very fresh and tasty - the scrambled eggs delicious. We did not eat in the evening as there is a curry house next door but we would return next year. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room one in the main building
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Adam W, General Manager at Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for such a great review. Its is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The team and I take great pride in what we do, and when this is recognised it makes it all the more worthwile.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a regular basis.