“Not bad at all”

Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Thrapston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a 2 night visit and enjoyed it. Food very good and best rib eye I've had for a while. Breakfast good on the whole with good quality sausages and bacon. Poached egg a poor effort and chopped plum tomatoes make no sense. Dining room tables and chairs need sorting as tables are sticky and chairs starting to give. I'd like a more comfortable bed but major plus room was pristinely clean. Overall very good and I'd definitely stay again. Recommended

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed here Friday 10th March, as we were collecting a car from the garage in this town. This Inn had the better reviews of a them all. The rooms are quite small (we had a double), however very clean, quaint and nicely decorated. Bathroom was very clean and adequate. One slight downside was that they were not serving dinner that particular night, however there was lots to choose from and were recommended by staff a fabulous Indian restaurant (another review done).
Breakfast was extra but worth it, very well prepared and in such lovely old surroundings.
Would stay again

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Went on Sunday for the carving station, roast beef, ham, turkey. We went at 2pm and the meats were very very dry. Had all three and sides which were, peas,green beans, small boiled potatoes,roasted potatoes, Yorkshire pudding ,A broccoli and cauliflower creamed dish (was good) , and a few items I'm sure I forgot. The price was per course. 1 course £9
2 course £13, and 3 course £15.50. You can go back for seconds and more if you like. I doubt I will go back as I really don't like DRY meat. This was on the verge of preserved dried. Sharpen your incisors Dry. Now in all fairness maybe you need to go when it starts which is 12:30pm and ends 4pm (16:00) . Anyway if you don't try it you'll never know, so I tried.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Nice building, nicely decorated, but let down by lackadaisical service and glum staff. Shame, could be a nice pub with an injection of personality.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

As a local restaurant my friend and I were planning to visit was closed, we chose The Court House instead, I didn't know thrapston at all, but it's a lovely little town, surrounded by ugly warehouses. The pub was very quiet on a Wednesday night, only one other table was occupied. The room was pretty basic, but the food was lovely. Garlic bread and olives to start, My friend had halloumi and chorizo salad and I had egg and chips for main. Really tasty and not expensive at all. Waitress was polite and friendly. We will definitely be going back.

2  Thank Helen R