“Out for Lunch”

Ranked #37 of 230 Restaurants in Kettering
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here with friends, who, despite once living in Kettering, had never been here. The service was friendly and professional, my only gripe being far too much ice in my drink.
The sharing fish board was excellent, but the sardines bland. And why state a dish has new potatoes then chef dices them up so small you can barely see them?
The turbot was good, but the dill dumplings were not cooked through.
The burger was also good, but I do have some more grumbles. The burger came as a tower, far too tall for anyone without a hinged and dislocating lower jaw to take a bite. Disassembly and knife and fork came to the rescue! The bun was a bit tough, (this happens when they are reheated but not toasted enough) and I could barely taste the cheese which was a fine layer on the bottom half of the bun. I had asked for a fried egg, but it was cooked solid. The burger was nice, a lot smaller in diameter than the bun, but very thick. The coleslaw was very nice, and I loved the chips. Really crispy. Our friends loved the desserts.
The final thing was my espresso was nice, but it seems the British disease of not warming the cup first struck again. It makes the espresso Luke warm rather than hot. And sugar cubes do not go with espresso.
All in all, it appears that we didn’t enjoy our meal, but far from it. We will be back again.

1  Thank AndJo300

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I eat here about once every 3 months and my last 2 visits have been very good indeed. The food was excellent (I had duck breast and my wife had beef hanger). A special shout out must go to our waiter Christian however who was top notch.
Well worth a visit. It'll keep us coming back

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Really been looking forward to coming here but unfortunately will never return.
Called up to book a table of two for Sunday lunch only given the option of 12pm or 3.30pm we normally go for somewhere in between but I assumed they were really busy so opted for 12. Upon arrival taken into a room right at the back of the brasserie with no one else in the room. The atmosphere was awful and although it wouldn't normally bother me the fact that there were people walking in and out from a function in the back room was a little annoying.
Ordered the roast beef, I like my meat pink, as does my partner but this was practically raw with a horrible slimy texture. Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes were really oiled and all the veg was plain, boring and had no flavour. For the price they charge this was hugely disappointing. Staff all very pleasant and dealt with it very well however I don't think we will be returning.

2  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Not often I leave bad review,but on Saturday the 23rd of September the drinks service was poor. Arrived and waited 25mins for a drink,then after sitting down having our starter we decided to order wine.....towards the end of the meal after asking twice it arrived..excuse was we are understaffed and we have a wedding on!!
We are local and enjoy meals out,food was ok but there are better places that are cheaper. Real shame as it is a nice location!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I ate here and found the food to be mostly exceptional (excluding the rock hard stale mini doughnuts). The restaurant however was cold and lacking in atmosphere.