All reviews harvester pub car park hi express free wifi budget hotel baked beans friendly reception staff would stay again sofa bed stayed here for one night decent hotel including breakfast business trip sunday morning room was spotless plenty of parking breakfast choices
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight last weekend as we were at an event nearby. We were very lucky to be able to check in early. The room was spotless and spacious, the beds being very comfy. WiFi was very quick all over the building.
However, breakfast was a let down due to the fact that much of it was missing. Gave up waiting for the yogurt to be replenished. Had to wait for glasses, cups, plates etc. The actual cooked breakfast was OK, a bit overcooked but edible.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Aimee C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Sorry to hear breakfast was not up to our usual high standard, I have passed this on to the kitchen team. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Aimee C, Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Been to quite a few of these over the years and I believe this to be the best so far. The place looks fairly new so I guess things would look fresh and clean. But it goes beyond this. On entry I was met by happy polite and efficient staff. I was checked in and informed of free wifi, breakfast times etc very swiftly. The room looked good and had everything you need from coffee to a mass of fresh towels and of course a comfy bed. Breakfast in the morning was the definitely better than other express hotels. Supplies were kept stocked up, fresh and hot. Easy to find and easy to park up. Superb choice for an overnight stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Aimee C, Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We stayed here for a festival nearby and arrived back late at night from the event, having left our luggage on arrival as our room wasn't ready. Rooms very well designed and spotlessly clean. Standard double but comfy. Thick fluffy bath sheets and cleverly designed bathroom door which converts across to loo door as well.
Breakfast was shambolic - very very few staff on duty and lots of people trying to serve themselves but no glasses, knives or side plates left. Cooked breakfast had seen better days but it was acceptable - only scambled eggs available and they were so well cooked I couldn't face eating them. Fresh croissants and muffins. For what we paid it was excellent though and we will definitely use Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 26-30/6/17 and check in was spot on and staff great all week, rooms spotless and great choices for breakfast, downside! 120 bedrooms with no irons in rooms but has an ironing room with two ironing boards? Also had to return to reception three times out of four to get room key re coded as apparently I had put my key next to a magnetic source? Unfortunately company have booked us here next week but will be looking for other accommodation for the remaining two weeks while we are working in area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Swedge66
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hi Swedge66,

Thank you for you stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to read that you found our rooms to be spotless and our breakfast selections to your liking. However, I'm sorry to read that our room amenities didn't match your expectations on this occasion. I do appreciate the feedback that you have listed. Rest assured, we shared your feedback with the management for review, as we endeavor to continuously improve our product and services.

We value you as our guest and hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay as delightful as it can be.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 June 2017

As I have come to expect a comfortable night's sleep and a really great free breakfast. This branch has the best breakfast selection of those H I Express hotels that I have stayed in... well done, Kettering. One very little niggle - how about a shower door rather than a curtain? If you want a meal I would venture further afield than the Harvester next door unless that is your thing.

Room Tip: Back of hotel has less traffic noise but front is not bad if window closed
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple