“Sinday lunch”
Review of Bell's Kitchen

Bell's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Finedon
Price range: US$5 - US$34
Description: Bell's Kitchen is now into year 4 serving home cooked food in amazing surroundings. chef Philip will do all he can to make sure your looked after and your night is one to remember.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

As it was a very hot day again we thought it would be a good idea to walk down to the local pub and get someone else to do the cooking
What a great move that was !!The Roast Beef was really tasty & the varied Veg was spot on and it was about twenty years since I last had a Knickerbocker Glory Well worth the wait
Excellent service considering it was very busy
Bob Cp

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Visited with my partner, we had steak which was really good, too many chips and I asked for my onion rings to be off, my meal arrived with onion rings! Bottle of white wine wasn't served chilled, but was warm which wasn't nice, just needs a few improvements and it would be really good.

Phil F, Owner at Bell's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Alison and thank you for your Review, I'm glad your Steaks where good as we do strive to source the best meat we can find. After talking with your waiter He told me you asked for no onion rings and your guest said he would have them. we should have put them on his plate and for this I do apologise. As for the wine this is totally unacceptable, I have talked to the Bell Inn and this will not happen again, it should have been served in a jug of ice water witch may have helped. Please the next time you come, ask to speak to the chef who will put this right for you. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again
Philip

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for a meal out of the blue and really enjoyed it.

There was a good selection on the menu for vegetarians and vegans as well as the traditional pub classics.
All of the food is ‘home cooked’ rather than bought in which really adds to the quality of the meal.

The steak was cooked superbly, exactly to the description and a lovely cut of meat.

Portion sizes where also very good, with a starter and main being enough.

The experience was enhanced by the character of the building, with lots of accessories to illustrate its history.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Staff very welcoming and professional felt really comfortable there.The food was just all round banging will be coming back all round great service great food great people

Much love guys down at the bell

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Seriously impressive! I wanted an ancient building (crumbling beautiful old-English type) with a friendly regular clientelle, welcoming owners and brilliant pub food. The place more than delivered! I took my Ma and Pa who have very high expectations (and having worked very hard throughout their lives they're allowed to) and we were all chuffed. Also the place is really reasonable! £7-9 for burger and chips with homemade coleslaw (the kind that comes with fabulous, creamy homemade mayonaise), a similar price for the lasange and a few more quid for slow-cooked ribs. Some people may disagree with a five-star restaurant rating as it isn't a michelin-starred menu, but again - I wanted brilliant pub food not fine dining, so it's well-deserved.

The owner is so friendly and we were noticed (in a good way) and greeted when we came in. Come next Autumn he chirpily told us he will have owned it for 50 years, and you can see his love for the place. The building is ancient, the kind of Jacobean-esque vibe (though apparently parts of the building or the plot are pre-Battle of Hastings) you hope for in a countryside pub with loads of small but perfectly-formed rooms, exposed brickwork and packed full of fantastic antiques like a museum. Ancient medicine bottles fill one cabinet, and outside the doors of the restaurant room there's an old brass 3-foot tall compass from a boat ... just two of the things I noticed. There's definitely a lot of English pride there, which when done in a tasteful way alongside respect for history is really interesting.

The lovely chef came out to speak to us for a long time, and is obviously very passionate about what he does. He spoke at length at sourcing decent organic meats and caring about animal welfare. The attention to detail is obvious in the food. My burger far outweighed the 'BEST BURGER JOINTS EVER' I've found in London and Brighton and the chef even imparted some homemade patty wisdom.

I'm looking forward to visiting again. This is the kind of evening you feel chuffed for forking out some money for! All the best, Bell's Kitchen! <3