All reviews beer garden sea view tea room coleslaw lovely hotel sunday lunch roll top bath walk in shower scampi bar menu crisps ate here family room an evening meal scones pudding fantastic views
Reviewed 8 July 2015

On a two night stay in the bay visited the Vic for lunch on one day and evening dinner the next ,also drank in the hotel both days , noon & night. Whoever is the cellar man should get a medal.The theakstons bitter is excellent and fortunately while we were there they also had old peculiar on draught, and I think that's the best old peculiar I've ever tasted . The lunch time food& sandwiches are very good and well presented with a friendly staff. The evening meal we had was a mixture of specials board & fixed menu, of which I had scallops starter followed by fish& chips, accompanied by an excellent Californian red wine .The food is all fresh and is served in the restaurant by attentive staff and a very efficient restaurant manager. To sum up I would recommend the Victoria hotel for lunchtime food& snacks,for evening meals in the bar or restaurant ,or just having a drink in a nice and friendly place .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Anyone who knows the beautiful village of Robin Hoods Bay appreciates that the walk up to the top of the hill is not to be taken lightly. My visit to the restaurant at the Victoria Hotel proved to make the uphill effort worthwhile. Excellent food, I ate scallops for starters and an unusual lobster Thermidor for main course, it was all excellent, in fact really excellent. Good wine and formal yet relaxed and good service. I would return any time.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coldst57
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We only stopped for a cream tea, and I must say the staff were very helpful. The tea and coffee piping hot and the scones freshly made and served with real cream and jam. Worth a visit and the views are spectacular across the bay.
As for the actual village, well it’s a long way down and when you get there it’s tacky and dirty so stay at the top and enjoy the service and view from the Victoria Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2015

We stayed here for one night in June and got a room with a a great balcony overlooking the bay, The room was beautiful, and the view was even better.

This hotel is obviously a popular place for weddings and parties. There was no wedding while we were there, but they had a big tent set up for them. I assume they just leave the wedding tent up all summer.

My excellent rating was more for the room we had than the food. The food and bar were OK, but not any better than most Inns in the area.

Robin Hood's Bay is a great little town on the North Sea coast and if you go there the Victoria is a perfect choice to stay. We were finishing up the Coast to Coast walk, and the hotel is up a very "steep" hill from the water.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay and balcony
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank drwokla
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Visited for coffees before our walk into the town then lunch afterwards. Great views from the garden. Nice cosy atmosphere inside the hotel although the bar large, new and spacious. Intend to stay overnight on our next visit.

Room Tip: Excellent views of the bay and right at the top of the path to walk into the old town (no public traffic allowed down).
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family