“Another prejudice shattered”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The New Inn is a traditional country pub serving great food and real ale. The pub was refurbished and reopened in January 2013. It is a freehold pub, family owned and family friendly, just 3 miles west of Northallerton.The restaurant, to the rear of the pub, seats 40 and can be booked for private parties. The lounge and bar area is ideal for eating and/or drinking with 2 fires, including a traditional wood burner.All food is sourced from local suppliers wherever possible and is homemade by the landlord and chef, Carl Tinkler. The pub frequently serves cask ale from Northallerton’s local Walls County Town brewery in addition to cask ales from the popular Black Sheep brewery at Masham.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Four of us arrived at our B&B in Northallerton at 6 pm on a Saturday and didn't start booking dinner until 7. We struck out on our first four attempts before managing to get in here for 7:45. I read the reviews and thought we were in for standard stodgy pub grub with overcooked veg, not least because the New Inn's website doesn't have a dinner menu and brags about its "buffet menu" and beer. Could not have been more wrong. The food was excellent and the two servers were a total delight. And, yeah, the beer IS something to brag about.

1  Thank TFredWells
carl t, Owner at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We called in on a afternoon and we were greeted by Vicky. She was so lovely and friendly. For starters had the prawn cocktail and duck orange parfait, followed by haddock and chips. The food was outstanding, the best we've eaten for a long time . I finished with a pudding of ice cream, hazelnuts and salted caramel, again lovely. Will definitely be going back and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We were there today, 8 of us as parents visiting.

Delicious delicious delicious! What more can I say!

Staff attentive and friendly.

Deep fried Brie was the best I've ever tasted! Roast lamb to die for.

Thanks so much

carl t, Owner at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you very much. We hope to see you all again very soon

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I have reviewed The New Inn before, and having been very pleased, I hadn't realised that food could look and taste any better, How Karl and Jordan do it is beyond me! We both started with one of the specials, Fried Brie with a mango and lime sauce with a delicate salad garnish. The batter was more Tempura which is very light, and easier on the 'tummy'. The presentation of the dish was more an hotel of quality standard. A rarity, especially in a pub. The main course I am going to enthuse about was, again, a 'special' - salmon and sea bass on a bed of spinach with a crayfish and white wine and cream sauce.Enthuse I will, as the quality of the dish, its presentation and quantity is unrivaled. It came with boiled potatoes and a variety of vegetables. I would suggest that to describe the meal and give it justice, you, the reader must try it yourself. You will not be disappointed. I wanted to try the 'specials' pudding of Strawberries with a coating of cinnamon sugar and vanilla ice cream - I haven't described this properly, but nevertheless, because of the quantity of the main course, I didn't have the room in my 'tummy' !!! I will get around to it, I'm sure. The food goes from strength to strength at the New Inn - Well done !!

carl t, Owner at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. Hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food, my husband had the roast beef which he said is the nicest he has had when dinning out. I had the stroganoff as I'm vegetarian which was really tasty. All staff very friendly and welcoming also the local people were too. Great value for money and we will be visiting again as soon as possible.

carl t, Owner at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. Hope to see you again soon