“Good food”

Corner House Hotel Restaurant
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Good food and service, menu could be a bit more extensive as I struggle to find different dishes to try. Staff nice and service good. Noisy kids party last time which puts us off going again

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Restaurant is pristine even the toilets were spotless although the bar was busy. Service a bit slow but food arrived was very hot and freshly cooked to order. Menu is standard pub grub so not very exciting. Staff very pleasant but should have been a couple more people on duty.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Visited here for Sunday lunch....service was friendly and very professional......and the lunch was to die for!...we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Came in with my other half to eat we love the food there but the chef was ill so we made alternative plans with a drink, the sparkler in my partners glass was dead so his pint went flat pretty quickly, mine tasted awful as somebody who works behind a bar myself I recognised the taste of line cleaner. I left mine and my partner tried it before I took it back to the bar it was defiantly line cleaner, I placed the glasses on the bar and very politely and away from other customers said that the pint was off so the bar staff could deal with it before the next customer, the lady behind the bar went nuts, whilst sneering she said "Well your wrong because I cleaned the lines last night" - this was so loud several other locals looked around - picked up the glasses mine still nearly full, shot me a disgusting look and stormed off to the other side of the bar. Abysmal customer service, to not even try it to see what the issue was or to try and resolve the issue, I am outraged I have never in any public place been treated so badly especially not by staff and made to feel so small, I will certainly not be coming back in which is a shame, the lady herself was the dark medium haired lady wearing colourful clothing.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

My wife and I and another retired couple visited for lunch enjoyed it so much that we went back the next week, yesterday. The lamb hot pot and the chicken dish we have all had on one or other occasion and thoroughly recommend.

the service is very friendly and efficient. they even provide a jug of water and glasses as a matter of course

The cakes are home made and can be taken away the lemon and elder-flower is particularly worth trying