All reviews courtyard suite wedding venue afternoon tea master of ceremonies bridal suite fabulous wedding wedding breakfast complimentary sherry daughters wedding special thanks mr mrs jacuzzi bath special occasion night porter the main hotel four poster bed little touches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second visit to this lovely ex Victorian mansion which is now a great country house hotel set in it's own very well kept grounds. Lovely welcome at reception and I was shown to my room and my bag carried there. The bedroom was spotless and large as was the bathroom which even has a television screen. The bar is a lovely wood panelled room with superb drapes as is the dining room. Excellent food and excellent service.It is not cheap but well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reading your review as well first thing this morning continued to keep the smile on my face, so thank you to you too! Also, and on behalf of all the team, thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 14/9/18

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband asked me where I'd like to stay to celebrate my birthday, and I chose Judges because I remembered our stay there 4 years ago. We were given the same room (15) as this is evidently the most appropriate for a disabled person. Everything I loved about this hotel remains the same: friendly staff, comfy bedroom and public rooms, wonderful food and service in the dining room, and excellent breakfast. I think this will always be my favourite hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reading your review first thing this morning really made me smile, thank you. On behalf of all the team thank you also very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us and we look forward to welcoming you both back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 14/9/18

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited with my Dad who is 91 and our 3 boys 7, 11 and 13.

We all felt very welcome. Chris. who looked after us, was wonderful with my Dad and the boys.

The scones were fresh, warmed and delicious with lots of cream!

The coffee was endless.
A great place for a drink and treat.

Most of all the atmosphere was so relaxed, friendly and the grounds were elegant, extensive and well cared for.

Thanks to Chris and all the team who create a soecial experience..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us! We look forward to welcoming you all back to Judges in the near future. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 31/8/18

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic establishment, whether you are looking for somewhere to stay, eat or have an event. My sister recently held her wedding here and the staff of Judges and the setting all contributed to a brilliant day.

I would highly reccomend a visit. The service and facilities were among the best I have experienced.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us! We look forward to welcoming you all back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 30/8/18

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We arrived at midday for the wedding at 1pm. We were shown to our room ,which was beautiful the venue for the wedding was perfect. It was in a gazebo on the terrace and photos in the extensive grounds. The meal for the wedding breakfast was perfectly cooked . There was a disco in the evening which everyone enjoyed . The staff were friendly and helpful. They couldn't do enough for us. After a comfortable nights sleep we went for breakfast. There was a good choice we had full English which we thoroughly enjoyed

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room overlooking the grouds
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us! We look forward to welcoming you back to Judges on a future occasion. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 26/8/18