“Super fish n chips and great service ”

Steels CornerHouse Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Eight of us visited this place on a Thursday after noon off peak time, still ended up waiting for a while . Busy place . Staff were all very courteous and friendly. Quality of fish and chips were very good - freshly cooked and nicely served ! One of the top places in Cleethorpes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We went here 2 weeks ago as we had heard it was the best restaurant. WE were given a choice of table by a very polite and friendly lady and asked if we would like a drink while waiting. we ordered Haddock and chips, and had a lovely coffee. The haddock was very small and more skin than fish. The chips on my plate were scraps, not nice sized chips. It cost £8.75 each which would have also included peas and bread and butter which we didn't choose to have. I didn't think it was worth the money and wont be going there again.

3  Thank Jackie V
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Took my friends and kids for a feast. And thats what we had !! From crab salad to beef pie it was ace. Very nice staff too. Love it.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The best fish and chips I have ever had. It's been almost two years since I moved away and last had one but nothing comes close.

Fresh, massive and delicious. The fish is wonderful and the extra touches such as the bread and butter and pots of tea make the whole experience.

This is my benchmark every time I go the chippy and still nothing beats it

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A must try for anybody looking for quality fish and chips. Steels have been doing this for many years. The decor may have changed but the quality and quantity hasn’t and is what we’ve come to expect. Thanks, see you next time we visit!