“Good for disabled parking, park there then go else where.”
Review of Conkers

Conkers
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Purchased tickets on line but still had to que, dull Christmas animatronics, eco environmental science lesson tryed to teach the children how vibrations are made using plastic straws, how ironic is that. The food was hot and tasty the staff helpful, the surroundings all over where tired and dated or activities broken. My children all under 11 couldn't go on the assault coarse and there wasn't one for there age, only swings and slides( who doesn't have them at home) and balance obstacles which they did enjoy until older children shoved them off. The train went through areas that I can only disscribe as waist land full of rubish and unused or broken building supplies. We tried to get lost in the labyrinth but the broken sparse hedge and willow fence that was the maze was a joke and huge disappointment. There were other entertainments the rope walk and 4d cinema but at an extra cost to the entrance fee. On the whole not good, not good at all will not be reccomending or coming back. Learn lessons conkers and stop using non biodegradable plastic straws if you want to be taken seriously about how to encourage our children to save the earth.

2  Thank lizziesworld1
Mike S, Manager at Conkers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for your review and sorry if you found some of our facilities a little under par. We do have 3 play areas and only one is recommended for teenagers only. Our train is free and there is no extra charge for the 4D cinema. Only our high ropes course has an extra cost and this is subsidised for day visitors.

We take your point on the straws and we will look into this.

At least you enjoyed your meals and hopefully we can encourage you back in the new year when we will be adding some more features.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"great family day"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Visited during October half term so decided to visit Conkers. Had never heard of it before - only came across it via a search of things to do.
Saved 20% by booking online
It was busy and there was quite a hefty queue when we arrived - but the staff handled it very well and were friendly and efficient.
Just a suggestion but maybe have a separate queue for people that have got tickets already??
Might make things a little more speedy.

Not having a clue what to do or where to go we just followed the paths. A lovely walk along different areas. Went on the train to the various play areas.
The children thoroughly enjoyed it.

If I have a little niggle it’s that the children were not allowed on the assault course because of there ages - I do realise that there is H&S to comply with but a smaller one for younger children would have been brilliant (although my 10 year old still wasn’t allowed on)

The sky bridges looked fab and we will def be back to go on those.!

Generally had a really good day, the place is clean and tidy and didn’t look in bad repair at all. Don’t know where other reviewers have gotten that from!! The indoor areas were really good, the food was lovely and on the whole we did have a good day out in the autumn sunshine.

1  Thank Rebecca J
Mike S, Manager at Conkers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your review and helpful comments.

Unfortunately our guidance on Health and Safety has to be followed which is a little frustrating but we have to comply. We do of course have two further play areas, both of which accommodate younger visitors and we try to encourage our guests to explore the whole site.

Sorry if this caused a little disappointment. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

£50 for 5 of us entry into this glorified walk! There was an assault course for the kids but even that was aimed at teenagers and adults so nothing for the 9, 7 and 5 year old we had with us.
The small maze you can see the end hut and the labyrinth thing isn't even a maze just a walk through. The gruffalo exhibit is a picture of a mouse and then you walk through a small path and there is a 5ft picture of a gruffalo - that is all!
The zip wire + high ropes you have to pay extra for and it isn't just a little it is £11 per person extra - the painting a cup had an extra charge aswell. The park was okay at the other end of the train track but theres many woods and parks you can play at and walk around for free!
The train is okay I guess
The 4D cinema is misleading as it isn't 4D - there was no special effects at all - it was a 3D screen with someone turning a light on and off a couple of times! Luckily it is included in the entry price.
The indoor play area again is okay.
The whole place is run down, there are no staff around - heaven forbid if anyone fell off anything - no health and safety people anywhere and no one to help. The amphitheatre was just left with no attraction, nothing went together, it just looked like it had been left. It needs re developing - The story hut has no story teller, nothing at all! The barefoot walk has 4 taps and 1 dryer! - I wish I had asked for a partial refund as I was disgusted with just how rubbish this place was...

1  Thank Gemmad1989
Mike S, Manager at Conkers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to read that you were disappointed, however, I must correct some of your comments.

Conkers charge £35.95 for a family of four and if you book online you can get 20% discount.

There are 3 play zones outside, only one (the assault course) is advised as teenagers only. The others cover all age groups.

The high and low ropes course prices start at £5.00 per session.

2 days ago we had over 2,000 people at Conkers who, for the most part, enjoyed their day and stayed 4 to 5 hours.

I'm sorry if you missed the free family shows which are also included in your admission price and the Discovery Centre indoor play zone.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Arranged to meet my sister there today. They arrived before me and had booked into the 2:20 slot for the 4D cinema so as we arrived after them about 12:00pm we Tried to book the same slot but was told the next slot was 4pm (same for the low ropes) The staff on reception seemed like they were having a bad day and there was no opportunity to engage or communicate with their customers even thou at this point there was no queue, they were generally unhelpful!

So come 2:20 My 5 year old son and I Waited outside the cinema next to the small queue whilst my sister and kids went in.

When she came out she told me that the cinema was only half full!

Prior to it starting She approached the member of staff on the door to ask if me & my son could go in. The staff member asked if I had got a ticket, so she explained that No we hadn’t as I was told it was full, then got a blank response, no further engagement from said staff member. Would it of really hurt for us to of gone in??

As for the rest, to sum it up, Conkers is Definitely not value for money (not even with offers) & we won’t be visiting again.

1  Thank kateyMidlands
Mike S, Manager at Conkers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Sorry to read of your disappointment and of the confusion on the pre-booked 4D cinema times. Unfortunately all of the seats were booked for the theatre up until 4.00pm so we are obliged to hold bookings for the ticket holders. It may be that some did not turn up for the pre-booked slots and I can only apologise if our theatre hosts failed to spot the opportunity to let you join your friends. This clearly upset your day which is frustrating for us as having invested £400,000 to improve our customers experience, we seem to have failed on this occasion. I do hope that despite this setback you come to see us again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I have actually been visiting this attraction for a number of years. It has something for everyone: Inside the building there is a shop, toilets and a large tearoom. In another area there is the educational section with plenty of interactive experiences teaching young people about trees, insects and nature - it is popular with Primary Schools.
Outside there are opportunities for walks around a lake. As you progress around the grounds there are climbing activities for young teenagers and these are very popular and great activities for younger visitors.
To add to the overall pleasure there is a short ‘train’ ride for adults and children to the neighbouring play area with helter-skelter, swings, climbing frames and seats for the adults and a kiosk with soft drinks, ice lollies and choc ices. There is also a tearoom with toilets in this area.
The extensive car park is free.
This is a very special place where a day visit makes the entrance fee so worthwhile !!!

Mike S, Manager at Conkers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review and excellent feedback. We are a popular visit for schools and families and it's good to get some appreciative comments, so thank you and hope to see you again soon.