1,523 results
All reviews spa break spa facilities lovely grounds main building relaxation room lovely hotel executive room afternoon tea small pool evening meal wedding breakfast enjoyable stay full english wedding venue bar area stayed for one night treatment
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a conference, and it wasn’t a good experience. The actual hotel and setting are beautiful but the standard of service was horrendous.
The bar area was very small therefore we ate in the restaurant, the service was very slow with some people getting the wrong orders or having to wait for quite a lengthly time after everyone else had been served. Same with breakfast the next morning, asked for porridge and it took nearly half an hour to arrive ! Not good when your on a schedule. Service was poor however the room quality was ok, was clean and spacious.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank roo91
KC_GeneralManager, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear roo91,

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the hotel.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet with your expectations and I would like to sincerely apologise for this. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us in order to make improvements in the guest experience and I shall follow this up with the relevant team members.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped for the night, food in the restaurant very good. If I was judging on rooms I’d have probably given less stars. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. Unfortunately the rooms and leisure facilities are very dated. The coloured bathroom suit complete with a bidet is normally a sure sign a place needs renovation. As an educated guess ( I’m a property developer) id guess it was renovated 35ish years ago so early 80s! Pool and room clean enough restaurant ok. And the 4 star rating the hotel has, as good as the staff were it was definitely 3 star at best. Will find a better hotel next time I stop in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Vegasalltheway,

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the quality of our food in the restaurant very good, however disappointed to read that we did not meet with your expectations in other areas, which I would like to apologise for. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us in order to make improvements in the guest experience and I shall follow this up with the relevant team members.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We attended a wedding recently and stayed at the hotel. The wedding was fun, however our hotel room was poor : it stank of paint , the bathroom was dirty and mouldy and it was way too hot at night so we didn't sleep well at all. The breakfast the next morning was marketed to be quality and luxury, but was just a sad bit of bacon and an overcooked sausage and we had to ask a grumpy harassed waiter for toast. In fairness -the waitresses were quite friendly and helpful.
Possibly the worst bit however was the bar on the night of the wedding :
Paying £9.40 for a spritzer and then having it presented in a glass covered in lipstick isn't that great really . This is top top hotel bar prices and the Mcdonald Kilhey is not a top top bar or place , its pretentious, over priced and a bit sad faded glory really.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Giles L,

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times en route to other areas. It is exceptionally well located for the M6. It provides an accommodation experience above that of the usual budget venues strung along the motorway system. Arriving to the huge open fire in reception on a cold day after travelling is incredibly welcoming.

We were travelling with a dog and this hotel has shown itself to be very dog friendly ensuring that owners are provided with a room on the ground floor. The hotel has small but very attractive grounds. Bear in mind there is an additional charge for pets.

The breakfast is very good indeed.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear dmhLondon,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that we met with your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Kilhey Court hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely perfect- lovely hotel in nice surroundings made even better by the exceptional staff and food - visited the spa and had a hot stone massage which was great- had a wonderful 3 course meal in the restaurant in the evening- the food way surpassed our expectations- as did the service- Angus was a real credit to the hotel - really attentive and informative too breakfast was equally good with a massive choice which was again good quality- the only thing which we could have changed was not being situated in a room right next to the spa but then not being able to use the door to go through to it - a real trek back through the hotel and outside to the spa!! However doesn’t spoil the excellent service food or staff

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cariward,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Kilhey Court hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely