Macdonald Kilhey Court
US$79
US$94
US$81
Priceline
The Brocket Arms Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
US$58
Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$78
US$73
Orbitz.com
1,445 results
All reviewsspa breakspa facilitiessteam roomlovely groundsmain buildingrelaxation roomlovely hotelexecutive roomafternoon teaevening mealsmall poolwedding breakfastbed and breakfastenjoyable stayfull englishbar areawedding venue
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We booked a one night stay here as we had a wedding. We have stayed in Macdonald Hotels before and this was of a similar standard ok, lighting dull in the rooms, quite small but clean. I believe we payed over the odds because they had little availability for the dates however we were told at the point of booking we would receive and I quote - Book direct online and receive a £10 credit to spend during your stay. This was also stated on our email confirmation. As we were attending a wedding we knew we would spend a fair amount on drinks during the evening. On arrival as we only had a debit card we were asked to pay the full amount upfront, we agreed although it states on the confirmation you will pay on departure. Prior to the wedding reception we went to recepion to ask about the £10 as this had not been mentioned, surprisingly and were told that we had to use a credit card? I asked why as this is not stated anywhere on the confirmation,website or terms and conditions, we were told they would check and would get back to us in the morning, after we had spent money! however they did not. It is quite disappointing when u pay over £150 for 1 night and are told you will receive £10 to spend when you book direct when in reality unless u have a credit card you do not, its even more disappointing when the receptionist do not get back to you as promised. We could have booked through booking.com same rate and they would have to pay commission. I work in this industry and I would expect all hotels to encourage people to book direct but I have never seen the promise something and not honor this !!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahBerry09
MartinJones G, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Dear Sarah, Thank you for taking time to post your feedback about your stay at Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel. I am sorry to hear that the customer service you have received was below our usual standards. It is our company policy to take an authorization on a credit card to allow you to charge extras to the room.
I have spoken with Reception Manager to ensure the team follows up on any guest’s queries. I do hope this will not stop you from choosing a Macdonald Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Gorgeous grounds, very friendly staff & the food was great. Some areas of the hotel could do with a bit of tlc but it doesn't detract from the beautiful surroundings & fab service. The leisure & spa facilities are lovely, very clean & so so relaxing.Thank you

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
MartinJones G, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay at Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are still working on further improvements inside and outside of the hotel. I ho hope we will be able to welcome you to the hotel for another great stay in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have both just returned from a very special dining experience at the Laurette restaurant in the hotel. Absolutely fabulous service from Sophie and James, who were both sincerely friendly, polite and attentive. My husband and I both feel it especially important to name them in the review as both members of staff clearly went above and beyond to make it a special evening for us. As for the food, you won't be let down, we both enjoyed delicately flavoured sauces and a juicy filet steak. I also recommend the Bailey's cheesecake for dessert, although it lacked the flavour of Bailey's Irish Cream the taste, texture and presentation of the dessert were outstanding. If you weren't already sold by the outstanding service and delicious food, then it's worth a visit for the beautiful views from the restaurant alone. Give it ago, they've clearly spent a lot on accomplishing a luxurious modern refurb. Thank you again James and Sophie for your fantastic service.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank ashleigh388

Dear Guest, it is a pleasure to read such a great review about the hotel. I am really happy to hear that the team has looked after you so well during your meal. I will ensure that they know about your comments. I do hope you will be visiting us very soon for another great meal or even a stay.

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Expected a bit more to be honest. Had a superior room and it didn't seem anything special. The room was on the small side and really had expected a seated area. Was all clean but did need a bit of updating.
Tried to use room service a number of times and the phone just rang out. Could be a great place with a few improvements

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Our executive rooms which are located in the original part of the hotel are of varying sizes but all have Nespresso coffee machines bathrobes and slippers. If you would like a larger room we also have executive suites which have Jacuzzi bath’s. I do hope this experience will not stop you from choosing a Macdonald Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Stayed on a one night spa break. Room ok but a little cramped. Complimentary drinks etc a little sparse for example one biscuit between two? Evening meal reasonable quality. Spa experience ok. Kilhey Court has the potential to be better.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our usual standards. We always look for further improvements to the premises and our service. I do hope this will not stop you from choosing us for another stay in the future.