“Bank Holiday break”

and 1 more site!
Castle Inn Hornby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hornby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Spent a night at the Castle Inn, Hornby. A very pleasant experience. Staff friendly and helpful. Room interesting features, was clean and comfortable. Lovely fluffy towels which is always a big hit with me. Food very tasty and service excellent.

A good overall experience

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynneneal2016

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Lovely friendly hotel, nice atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. The room was spacious with a fab bathroom and great shower. We ate on first night and would definitely recommend eating here, food was lovely.

Room Tip: Quiet location
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed on a Travelzoo deal and received very good value for money. Our room was lovely and bed comfortable. No bath towels were available however. Tea coffee and biscuits provided. Our deal included a bottle of wine with dinner which we enjoyed. The food was not spectacular but perfectly acceptable and breakfast was good. An enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I attended for lunch. We ordered a spaghetti carbonara and a ham and pineapple pizza and two soft drinks.

We sat at the table near the bar.

The food and drinks arrived.

The carbonara was cold. It was in a tasteless sauce with cold cubes of ham scattered on top of the spaghetti.

The pizza was over cooked and burnt. My friend struggled cutting through the base.

The pub had no music playing or any atmosphere; the only noise was the incessant ringing of the telephone behind the bar.

The phone was continually ringing, owing to there being no music or other customers conversation to dilute the noise, the phones constant ringing was torturous.

I asked the barman if he was going to answer the phone, he stated it wasn't his job?

The whole experience was horrendous!

In times when pubs are closing daily, to not answer the phone when people are clearly trying to reserve tables or book accommodation is lunacy.

We were afforded our two lime and soda's as way of compensation for the awful meal/experience.

The management need to buck their ideas up and address their bar and kitchen staff before they lose anymore local customers!

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Jonmaxalfie
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My husband and I and my son and his wife went for Sunday Lunch on 6th August. This was not the first time we have dined here but as on previous occasions we were not disappointed. The decor is very comfortable and the menu is excellent value for money served by friendly and efficient staff. My only complaint is I wish they did smaller portions.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to Castle Inn Hornby? Share your experiences!