“Just needs some attention to the detail ...”
Review of Castle Inn Hornby

and 1 more site!
Castle Inn Hornby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hornby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed here after being moved due to a mix up at our first choice Hotel. However, we were very pleased with its location - beautiful little village and surrounding area, the building itself and our room was spacious and well decorated. Just one or two issues that I think they need to attend to if charging £130 per night for a Superior room, but I've sent those by e-mail. Menu extensive, and not 5* by any stretch, but tasty and well-cooked. Bistro and outside area needs some attention. The outside space could be better utilised. That said, the staff were professional and attentive at all times. Breakfast was okay. For a 4.5* Inn with a Certificate of Excellence perhaps I'm being too fussy, and I hope they take the comments I've e-mailed as constructive feedback.

Room Tip: Go for a room not above the pub otherwise the music may disturb you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We had family and friends here for a Christening reception. Fabulous venue with lots of room for our party. Great service and lots of lovely food. Great drinks selection, including local real ale! Lots of praise from the assembled crowd. The kids loved it too. Many thanks to Neil and his staff for a fantastic day. A highly recommended venue.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I went for lunch at the Castle Inn today. We found the staff very attentive. I am a vegetarian, so I was very excited about the great amount of choice that I had...even saying to my partner that its lovely here, maybe we will be coming here regularly. I chose a quorn Cumberland sausage with caramalised onions and mushrooms etc. Not only were the onions and mushrooms forgotten....but I was actually served 3 Linda McCartney sausages out of a pkt!!! Such a shame, as we are local to the area. I have to say that it was the worst meal that I have ever had out before. My partner had fish and chips, which he also thought was awful. This is the first ever time in my life that I have ever left a review....that says it all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank davweight
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This place is just fabulous - warm and cosy welcome, comfy beds and good food - but the highlight was the exceptional service and going the extra mile. Neil and his team ( also Leanne asst manager ) are fantastic . After we completed our three peak challenge we were met with the warmest smiles and congratulations all round - including a celebratory drink for completing such a tough challenge. It absolutely made our day ( thankyou Neil! )
I recommend this gorgeous country inn for a comfortable , friendly and fantastic stay - I will
Definitely be back ! Thankyou

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Had a 'meal' here Sunday night...... waited 1 and half hours from ordering to getting meal...... no reasonable excuse given. Roast beef was tough, and vegetables brought on a large plate, full of mainly hard carrots, what happened to choice? brocolli or cabbage or even cauliflour? a rabbit would have enjoyed this...... it is not reasonable to wait that length of time for a meal, no issue with the waiting on staff who are friendly and polite, however the management leave a lot to be desired. Didn't bother with a pudding as would have been too near closing time when served. Nice place but need to sort themselves out to pull in the customers.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ydc50

Been to Castle Inn Hornby? Share your experiences!