“Fab cake!”

Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Garstang, Lancashire. Our new take on the coffee shop experience is sure to leave your taste buds rocked and your appetite for a great new venue sated. Take a seat, the menu is on the TV screens as you come in and our staff will take your order when you're ready. Enjoy!
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Great place for a coffee and you can't have coffee without cake, and this place does cake!!

The triple layer cappuccino cake was fantastic and complemented the latte superbly. We also had the choc orange cupcakes (having been able to taste the icing first!). Mixing the choc orange frosting with the cappuccino cake was a surprisingly good idea (maybe they should start doing that?!).

2  Thank Dominic E

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This Coffee Shop is probably the Cleanest/Friendliest Café I've visited in a long while and is absolutely fantastic. I see that it's the only Café/Coffee Shop locally who has achieved a "Certificate of Excellence" status from TripAdvisor, which gives an honest opinion and puts it in the league of some high-end establishments and restaurants.
And I can certainly understand why, since +90% of excellent/great reviews obviously agree too. Not bad stats for a new business venture, proving that those eager customers (like myself) who visit Vicky's actually love what's being offered and presented by her and her lovely/talented staff. You'll always get the odd one or two reviewers who feel obliged to be extremely negative about everything they experience, but please ignore them, you will not be disappointed.
I for one am fast becoming a regular visitor of Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes and love to try something new each time. Everything is homemade and freshly produced from scratch, which is a rarity nowadays. I've been in when the staff are extremely busy and everyone gets the same friendly treatment and service. Visit when it's quieter and you can relax and contemplate in the tranquillity, surf/catch-up on the internet, or chat away for ages with friends, it's entirely up to you.
I even watched the staff once catch a wasp with a friendly insect-catcher and release it outside, so am a little bemused about the previous reviewers comments intimating that Vicky's is not clean and has dead insects lying around in the window(s). I'd honestly say that it's probably one of the cleanest café in the area (if not the UK) so come on those doom-mongers, please have a little heart and spread some positivity and cheer for those independent businesses (like Vicky's) that are really trying to provide us customers with a venue and service which is unique and something really quite special. My son certainly thinks so (and I believe all the young kids do too) as Vicky tends to give the young ones a special treat/extras, especially if you pop-in when its quieter (early/mid-afternoon) and Vicky has time to chat - or as with me, even take your baby for a tour of the coffee shop whilst you finish your Triple-Stack Victoria Sponge in peace.

2  Thank LeightonT007
Reviewed 19 August 2016

met 2 friends here yesterday ...cant rate this coffee shop highly enough ..overwhelmed by the friendliness of Vicky and hollie...the place is spotlessy clean and they are very large food portions and a good choice of coffeesi live 20 odd miles away so does a friend who drove me ...other friend lives close by the shop ...we will be definatley be making this a monthly meet up in this shop ...felt like we were in the owners front room rather than a shop ...made to feel very welcome and they genuinely appreciated our custom ...busy coffee shop and well justified ...excellent

2  Thank ossybulf
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

A previous reviewer states 'ignore the negative review'
No you shouldn't. My experience too,was a negative one and we are all entitled to share our opinions
We had been intending to try this place for quite some time as we love coffee and cakes. When we finally got round to it we were served mediocre toasted sandwiches and lukewarm coffee and what we consider overly priced for what you should expect at these prices.
Didn't bother with any cake as they the very few they had looked unappetising. Oh and hardly any cupcakes despite the name of the establishment.
2 stars awarded to the nice young girl serving.
And I agree with a previous reviewer the ambience is 'clinical' and not relaxing with 3 dead wasps and 2 alive in the front window accompanied by various other bug corpses.
Nope, not in a rush to return although maybe this was a one off. We may give it another shot one day.

4  Thank evo9Manchester
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Popped in for a quick coffee and cake, but was tempted by the great sandwiches too! Fantastic presentation,sauces in novel jars, my wife loved it! Vicky couldn't do enough for us, and chatted to us like an old friend. Will definitely be going back, try this out you won't be disappointed. The Vicky sponge was to die for!!

2  Thank Mike W