“''A Real Gem of a Coffee Shop''”
Review of Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes - CLOSED

Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Garstang, Lancashire. Our new take on the coffee shop experience is sure to leave your taste buds rocked and your appetite for a great new venue sated. Take a seat, the menu is on the TV screens as you come in and our staff will take your order when you're ready. Enjoy!
Reviewed 26 January 2015

If you are looking for a coffee shop with a difference then this is the place to go. You are welcomed by friendly professional staff, with a smile, into a very clean spacious environment with a most inviting relaxed atmosphere. Nothing was too much trouble for Vicky and her staff who took the time to engage with all their customers.
Every single element of the dishes are prepared fresh on site and to a meticulously high standard. The coffee cake is an absolute must.....JUST DIVINE!!
I was particularly impressed with the TV screen menu as opposed to the usual out-dated table menus.
Excellent venue, excellent food, excellent service. Can't wait to go again and try the rest of the menu!!

3  Thank ragdolly21
Vicky S, Owner at Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Hi there

I have to thank you for your amazing review, as a new business I am so pleased that my dreams of a good coffee and home baked cakes are being enjoyed, as I hoped they would.

Hope to see you return very soon, perhaps I can tempt you to try the mocha coconut cake...!

Thanks again.

With best regards

Reviewed 24 January 2015

There aren't any menus on the tables and the staff assume that you know what's on offer. The coffee arrived way after the cake and it was barely warm. Disappointed overall.

1  Thank Madge1966
Vicky S, Owner at Vicky's Coffee and Cupcakes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2015

Firstly, I am disappointed that you didn't enjoy your first experience with us. We have only been open for 4 weeks, so I can only apologise if you thought we were out of sequence with your order, we are a brand new team, still learning! Everything is prepared freshly and made at the Coffee shop.

What we hope to offer is fantastic service, in a new style, hence we use the TV as the main menu, which we do normally bring to your attention as soon as you enter the Coffee shop. I have received many positive comments regarding our new menu on the TV, therefore allowing the tables to remain uncluttered and tidy. I feel this is a personal preference.

I would have hoped that you could have brought to my attention that your coffee was not to your satisfaction, I could have changed them instantly at the time. As I mentioned we want to offer a brilliant service in the hope that you could enjoy the atmosphere that I am working extremely hard to create.

Vicky.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

Exactly what Garstang was in need of.
All other coffee is now inadequate. Costa eat your heart out because I would rather come here every time! The atmosphere emanating from the owner, Vicky and the shop itself is one of friendliness and professional service. Always ready for a chat the waiters make you feel right at home.
The free wifi is as ever a plus, making it hard to leave the comfy seats and clean tables. Everything on the menu is home made, locally sourced, delicious and served with a smile. I haven't encountered a single reason not to return!
Having only been open just over a month and being outstanding, this coffee shop is set to be the talk of the town.

3  Thank WinglessDragon

Wow, what can I say? I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your visit! I look forward to welcoming you back.

I really do appreciate that you took the time to write your review.

Thanks again and come and visit us again soon!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 January 2015

What a lovely, clean and inviting coffee shop with lots of cakes and coffees to choose from! As well as tasty sandwiches, tea cakes, toast and paté (which is to DIE for!) Definitely worth stopping for a delicious coffee if you're passing through Garstang! The staff are also very friendly and accomodating. Love this place... I have turned in to a regular visitor! And I usually also take a coffee to-go as well!

3  Thank GeorgiaLou19

Your review had made my day, thank you so much. Starting a brand new venture can be a little daunting, so than you for your support and I can't wait for you to taste my new Cupcakes in the future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 17 January 2015

Service is amazing, atmosphere is fantastic and the chocolate orange cupcake is to die for! Thank you for a lovely time Vicky!

4  Thank fayemower

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are really pleased you had a fab time.... Just exactly what I am trying to achieve for this brand new adventure.

I hope to see you again very soon, maybe a chocolate fudge cupcake next time!

Again, thanks for taking the time to write a review, it's greatly appreciated.

With kindest regards