All reviewswedding venuesnooker roomwedding breakfastamazing weddingbride and groomspecial venuebridal suitebeautiful groundsevening receptionexclusive usefrom start to finishbeautiful venuedaughters weddingran like clockworkco ordinatorsperfect wedding daybeef
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Visited for a friends sons wedding, lovely Hall for a wedding venue and accommodation to stay over. Food lovely very spacious to accommodate people. There is separate rooms for people if they don’t want to be in the Disco room, there’s the room where food goes, the bar area and a room the Snooker table as we as disco room. The grounds are gorgeous and there’s plenty of parking available. Only bad thing is the bar prices complete rip off £6.15 for a pint and half of lager.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anita_Shutt
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I cannot fault the wedding of our friends absolutely beautiful, the building grounds staff and food were second to none.

However when I pay £95 for a room for one night I expect more ..... you will see from
The photos I have added that in the bedside cabinet there was a half eaten cupcake left from previous guests.... the carpet was shockingly dirty and frayed .... bath panel hanging off and to top it all no hot water for a Bath next morning .....didn't expect to be boiling a kettle In this hotel for a morning wash!

I emailed this hotel before submitting this review to see if they could explain the faults.... they didn't even reply!
Terrible service such a shame as the wedding was lovely.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank nannabea50
Reviewed 20 November 2017

My husband and I recently married at Eaves Hall. We fell in love with the venue because of the picturesque front, beautiful ballroom, stunning dining room and well tended grounds.

Our day was beautiful and very special to us, as a wedding day should be. Marrying in a beautiful setting in front of our family and friends was what made it perfect for us. However, there are many reasons for our mixed feelings towards this venue.

We booked our date a little over two years in advance. The venue seems to have an incredibly high staff turnover and during this time our wedding co-ordinator changed several times. We were never informed of any changes to staff but instead found out when attending open days and/or when the name at the bottom of the email changed. I think that they have stopped assigning specific co-ordinators to brides now but I am not 100% sure of this.

Contact is limited until nearer to the date of the wedding, unless they are requiring payment. Check any invoices carefully and make sure you get everything confirmed in writing as we had several issues with invoices and requests in the lead up to our special day. For example, we requested 6 canapés per person (the maximum available) and despite confirming this by emailing them several times, the documentation they provided only specified 5 canapés per person. After phoning up to speak to someone, we rectified this issue and paid our invoice in full (verbal confirmation only - huge mistake). Later we were notified that we had not paid our invoice in full and that if we wanted to receive our 6th canapé then we would need to pay more (so much for having paid our invoice in full). We asked for the invoice to be sent asap to discover that they were wanting to overcharge us for the difference in price. After several phone calls and many conversations it was eventually sorted.

We attended a wedding taster in order to choose our wedding menu. I would advise booking well in advance. We were informed that we should book the taster for around 6 months before the wedding but when we tried to arrange this they did not have any availability and we ended up attending a wedding tasting 4 1/2 months before our day meaning that our invitations were delayed. The taster itself left us feeling worried about the food. The starters and desserts were absolutely delicious, as was the intermediate champagne sorbet course. However, the meat for each of the main course dishes we sampled (5 in total) was very undercooked. My father can eat his steak bleu but even he could not eat the meat. We spoke to the new manager who was lovely and even agreed that it was not cooked but they did not have any more meat to offer us to sample which meant we had to choose our menu in the hope that they would be able to cook it properly on the day itself. The manager at the time offered to work our wedding to ensure everything was perfect on the day but needless to say 4 months later she was not longer working there (this was pointed out on the bottom of an email full of other information and was very nearly missed). Thankfully on the day, the meat was cooked beautifully. However, one of the desserts (creme brûlée) was different to the dessert served at the taster (and nowhere near as nice).

On the day itself the bridal party got ready in the lodge and then moved up to the bridal suite to get dressed. A member of staff had offered to help to move our belongings up to the main venue. She set off with some things, saying that she would come back to take the bride up. 15 minutes later she still had not returned. We phoned up the reception and they said they would send her back down but I ended up getting a lift up to the venue in my friend's car (it is only a short walk but it was raining at the time). Unfortunately, not all of our belongings made it up to our room and we had to scramble around looking for things the morning after. Furthermore, the groomsmen were unable to get into their room until 11:30am which meant that they had to rush to get ready.

We had another issue with the registrar not approving of the vases of candles lining the aisle. This was no fault of the venue and actually the on duty manager had tried to resolve this before it was brought to my attention. Unfortunately it wasn't resolved and the candles ended up having to be moved. The registrar overstepped the mark here but this is something that the venue need to establish in advance with the registrar as it was added unnecessary stress that delayed our ceremony. It also led to my bridesmaid and myself being left upstairs waiting to hear what was happening, with no communication. We ended up taking it upon ourselves to go downstairs.

Another point worth noting is that the suites and some of the standard rooms are well presented but this is not the case for all of the bedrooms. When we went to allocate rooms we found that a large percentage of the standard rooms needed serious attention. Some we refused to allocate due to musty smells, cracks in walls, damp patches and mould.

The breakfast on offer the morning after is lovely, although lacking in pastries for the number of guests (we arrived around half way through service and just as the last pastry had been taken and they were not replenished). They also need to invest in something better to serve juice in because several of the guests ended up splashed in fresh juice as the current dispensers failed several times resulting in juice continuously pouring out.

Also note that the morning after you have to be checked out before 10am or you will be charged a late check out fee. This is made clear time and time again. What is not made clear is that your guests will be charged for drinking the bottles of water on offer in the rooms (no signs in the rooms to say this). We found out when my Grandma checked out and was charged extra for the water. She did not want to make a scene and did not bring this up at the time but mentioned it to my mother later. Additionally, the staff leave you to collect your belongings and clear out of the venue. Unfortunately when we arrived home we realised that several of our wedding belongings had not made it home with us. I phoned the venue straight away and was told that they would have a look and get back to me. I did not receive a reply so I phoned again and was told that the person supervising on my wedding day was not in work but that she would know more and would get in touch with me. After a third unsuccessful phone call to the venue I gave up on retrieving my lost belongings. After service is non existent - don't expect any communication after your day because it seems that once your day is over they do not care.

These might seem like little things to some people but when you have spent the money we had and you look at all of this together, my husband and I are really disappointed with the overall service provided by Eaves Hall.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank nMj27
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I went to my Dad’s wedding and it was amazing! Beautiful rooms and we got to see fireworks when it went dark. Yummy wedding breakfast and overall superb!

Would absolutely recommend- it is wonderful!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Step back into time at Eaves Hall and relax with log fires and antique furnished rooms.
We enjoyed quality food at reasonable prices which was well served.
Staff are friendly and hardworking.
Situated close to the charms of the Ribble Valley there are great walks to be had.
Beware however you are in the heart of Pendle Witch country so take care!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends