Clerk Laithe Lodge(Newton-in-Bowland)
US$139
US$135
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
The Red Pump Inn(Bashall Eaves)
  • Breakfast included
Waddington Arms(Clitheroe)
Mitton Hall(Clitheroe)
  • Restaurant
Foxhill Fold B&B(Clitheroe)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteamer innsteamerscaravan sitesmall sitegreat holidaysite managerkingfisher lodgebedroom caravanlovely breaklovely parkfamily breakdog walking areaoffice staffholiday homean upgradeon arrivalpeace and quiet
Reviewed 5 March 2018

As a mature lone lady traveller a couple of years ago, I found this beautiful country retreat and yet just perfect to nearby Skipton and Clitheroe and lots of other wonderful places bordering the outskirts of Yorkshire. I have just returned home to Cheshire after being snowed in for 6 days. My very special thank you is to Peter - he is the overall maintenance site manager and goes over and beyond his duty of title in that he has been there fore me and many others last week. Also, a very special thank you to Carla bookings manager and Janet, manager of housekeeping. I would like to voice my opinion however on the fact that certain residents of the park complained about not having water in their lodges. Extremely unfair, as they had many other comforts! I often had partial heating besides water loss but just excepted that most of the country was in red or amber alert. Will certainly be returning to a beautiful little park that has so much to offer within and outside.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank tarra778
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Firstly we booked a Deer caravan and when we turned up we were given a Torino. I'm not sure if there is any real difference but when we tried to talk to the staff they became defensive and almost looking ready for an argument! And it got worse. We stepped inside the caravan and were overwhelmed by the smell of dog! It was a dog friendly caravan and although we're not against dogs this one clearly hadn't been cleaned! The carpet and sofa was still covered in lots of hair. Rubbish bins were still full. Eventually we found the hoover (hidden under bed) but when turned on the smell was even worse. Cobwebs in the bedroom, graffiti in the cupboard. We spent long days out as the thought of returning was not a comforting one.
We spoke to a lady in the Steamer pub and she said 90% of caravans are privately owned and that our caravan was due to come off the park next year. Maybe this is why they didn't pay too much attention. Shame..
The best part of the holiday? Leaving.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Minkielen
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The overall park is just wonderful clean and well maintained..spectacular views as caravans and lodges are tiered so you can see for miles....our lodge was home from home would love too live here when we retire....so peaceful ....the steamer pub on site food is exceptional and reasonably priced staff friendly and always willing to help with anything....the Beer my husband couldn't believe how nice his pint was....and much cheaper than other places visited....will be going back Thankyou to the office Staff brilliant and so professional will see us again ..rating 5*

Room Tip: This was a holiday Park 5*
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CustomerServicePR, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Todber Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your outstanding feedback, we are really glad that you were able to enjoy the park views and all that the facilities have to offer.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Despite a few rather negative reviews, we decided to give Todber a try. Booked one of the more expensive caravans (or so I thought, actually listed as an appartment) via Hoseasons for a week prior to the August Bank holiday..
When we got to our caravan, the first thing that struck us was how old it looked. On entrance we were hit by a strong smell of disinfectant, which was shortly replaced by the smell of damp. There were numerous damp patches and areas of mould in the caravan. My partner went to report the damp to the reception, who was not interested even though she admitted they knew about it, we were also told to put up with it as there was no alternate accomodation and cleaning it would have made us overcome by chemical smells.
There were no net curtains, privacy was zero as we were on the main road out of the site, kitchen utensils were sparse, 3 plates, cupss etc, there were not even any bedside lamps! I repaired the main bed myself as it was about to colapse on its own legs. The veranda had no furnature and was actually lethal when wet. We left early because it became unbearable sleeping in a damp caravan. The caravan did not even match the photo's of a vole(formerly gold) caravan as on the Parkdean website. I complained to Hoseasons and have recieved an apology from Todber Park(nothing as yet from Hoseasons) but this did not make up for the £600 plus I payed for quite the worst accomodation I have ever been in. There does look to be some nice places on the site but agree with some others, how run down this place looks, On the day we left, the site bins were overflowing. I will do people a favour and not publish the phot's of the damp walls etc.
The Steamer inn, while the staff were friendly was very run down and the residents seem to have the run of the bar. The food was ok but one evening we went there to eat(the curry night which was recommended to us the night before!) and they had stopped doing food at 6.45! We never ate there again!
This is the first time I have left a 1/5 review,and I am sad that I have had to do that. needless to say, I will never return and recommend to others to actually find out about your accomodation prior to booking and hope something is done to actually release the potential of this site!

Room Tip: Avoing Unit B2
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank mark G

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday at Todber Valley, although I was extremely sorry to read that you were unhappy with the standard of cleanliness of your allocated caravan and despite bringing this to the attention of the team on park this was not looked into or resolved to a satisfactory conclusion for you.

On behalf of all the team here, I would like to offer our sincere apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment this had caused you all. I would like to assure you that together with the management team we are now reviewing the processes that we have in place for cleaning and checking our caravans and should any concerns be reported going forward they are dealt with appropriately by the team.

It is always disappointing when a guest does not enjoy all aspects of their stay with, I am sorry that you encountered these issues, thank you for bringing them to our attention as this enables the team on park to evaluate, monitor and improve the service and facilities we provide on our parks, although naturally we regret that it was necessary for you to do so.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

we spent a couple of nights here, while the views are lovely cannot say the same for site, pot holes in road quite deep some of them, at night time dangerous as the lighting is non existent in places. The bins were overflowing. we went up to the Steamer Inn for a drink, prices are extortionate, the pub itself is scruffy, toilets not up to scratch with toilet roll holders broken seats broken. Did not fancy anything to eat after looking at the state of the bar. The bar itself was not that busy it seemed to be full of locals who were passing around a gold fish bowl full of alcohol to anyone who would drink from it, not happy that my family had to see this, no facilities on site only the steamer inn, park for children was very poor, caravan was adequate go back never.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank happyhols98

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you were unimpressed with your stay here at Todber Valley. We are continuously making improvements to the site and have recently spent a significant amount on new roads which will be completed soon. We do spend a considerable amount of time evaluating the site and facilities to make improvements and I am sorry that you felt the park was not up to standard. Thank you for your feedback.