“1st visit.....we’ll be back!”
Review of New Waggoners

New Waggoners
Ranked #11 of 203 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went one Saturday evening with family as my sis-in-law is coeliac and they have a great menu for her.

There were two large birthday groups (20’ish in each!) in the main room so the waitress said she’d try to get our orders in before these which was appreciated.

The food was great and the portions were massive!

Unfortunately I can’t comment on desserts as, while waiting to order, one of the elderly women in the 70’th birthday party group had a funny turn and an ambulance had to be called. The staff handled the situation well, staying calm, informing their 1st aider who came and dealt with her.
We were re-seated in the bar area to finish our drinks and give them some room to sort her out. Fingers crossed she was ok.

We will definitely be back to demolish the dessert menu as it looked amazing! :)

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

A beautiful dining room with fabulous views of the surrounding countryside. Friendly, attentive staff and an extensive menu.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

All the food I’ve ever had here has been great and the portions are huge. My favourite dishes are the homemade pies, they are incredible!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We went several times for breakfast while staying with family, every time it was perfect, a clean appetising breakfast meal. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

While they don't have a vegan specific menu, they did, after discussing with the chef, provide me with a wide variety of dishes for all three courses. They were very helpful and courteous.

I didn't enquire about the beer, just did my own research.

To give others an idea of what to expect I had beetroot, apricot and ginger soup for starter which was delicious; a veg pasta dish with a tomato sauce which was mostly just pasta and definitely could have had more veg in there; for dessert a lovely blackberry, apple and cranberry crumble with vanilla ice cream (Swedish Glace I believe), which was amazing!