“Vegan friendly!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2018

While they don't have a vegan specific menu, they did, after discussing with the chef, provide me with a wide variety of dishes for all three courses. They were very helpful and courteous.

I didn't enquire about the beer, just did my own research.

To give others an idea of what to expect I had beetroot, apricot and ginger soup for starter which was delicious; a veg pasta dish with a tomato sauce which was mostly just pasta and definitely could have had more veg in there; for dessert a lovely blackberry, apple and cranberry crumble with vanilla ice cream (Swedish Glace I believe), which was amazing!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Worth a try. The food is always warm and staff are friendly. It can get very busy so best to book. Traditional but homemade pub grub. Only criticism is menu seem to stay the same.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I went to the New Waggoners for dinner with my family having returned home from university for Christmas and honestly I could not have been more impressed.

At first due to an unforeseen circumstance we had to cancel our original booking quite last minute, for which we received a £15 voucher to spend for when we rearranged (which was lovely as they could easily have just taken our deposit off us)

However what I was most impressed by was how they catered for my veganism.
We phoned ahead to let them know that I was vegan and I was expecting the usual - a salad and perhaps a side portion of chips which is the extent to which most restaurants cater for me and I’m totally fine with.
What I was greeted with was so so much better. When I told the waitress about my dietary situation she immediately went and consulted the chef and wrote down all the options they’d prepared - and there were so many! At least 5 options for every course: for example garlic mushrooms, melon, nachos etc to start; a curry, risotto, Chinese fried rice etc for a main. The dessert menu has always been my favourite and they had vegan custard and ice cream to go with a range of things such as a jam roly poly, chocolate tarte and apple crumble. It made me so happy that they’d tried so hard and it was great to be able to order normally from an array of options like my family rather than have to put together some veggie sides to make up my own meal like I’ve done in the past.

It was hard to pick but I opted for the nachos, a veg curry and the apple crumble with ice cream and I can honestly say they were all absolutely delicious. My non-vegan parents were equally impressed by the quality of their food and mine, it was all in all a fantastic meal.

The service as well genuinely could not have been better, it was a very busy evening but everything was efficient and attentive and in particular the waitress who looked after me and wrote down the list of my options was really just a lovely warm person who helped make the entire experience even better.

I haven’t stopped going on about this restaurant t friends and family since because it left such a good impression on me, so much so I’ve decided to write a review which I’ve never done before. In short: amazing food, kind and attentive service, lovely homely atmosphere and fantastic for vegans!!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Hadn't booked called in last minute not a problem 3 covers had the hake fillet in tomato butter and crayfish sauce it's was heavenly others had cheese n onion pie and steak n ale pie all 3 of us throughly enjoyed it good value for money too

1  Thank Jackie R
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Paddy and his team run a super establishment , elevated location with ample parking and super views , very varied menu , something for everyone . attentive service as well as good portions reasonable prices and excellent food make this great place to visit , hard to beat ! :)