“Top destination restaurant ! :)”
Review of New Waggoners

New Waggoners
Ranked #11 of 192 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Paddy and his team run a super establishment , elevated location with ample parking and super views , very varied menu , something for everyone . attentive service as well as good portions reasonable prices and excellent food make this great place to visit , hard to beat ! :)

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I have visited the New Waggoner's on a few occasions now. The first time I visted was after a recommendation from some fellow diners in another restaurant when i found that my favourite eating place would be closed for refurbishment when i was going to have my annual birthday meal with my sister. I decided to try out the Waggoners before booking my birthday meal , suffice it to say I booked. The food is well cooked and presented and i particularly enjoy the Sunday roast diner, available as part of a well priced fixed Sunday lunch menu as well as al-a-carte. The beef is cooked pink but can be cooked well done to order which meant both mu sister and I have the type of beef we liked .
One of the things that makes this place stand out is it's location high on the A682 between Burnley and Rawtenstall , because of this tables are available with glorious views over New Barn and Micklehurst Cloughs (valleys). I'll be going back on a regular basis.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We're practically locals here and it never disappoints me my wife and in-laws went sunday lunch time and were taken to our table after a short wait
I opted for the Gannon wife and in laws the plate meat pie. Everything was very good piping hot tasty and plentiful all in all first rate highly highly reccomended

Reviewed 7 February 2018

i have been once last year and got the steak pudding, but i found the pastry on it too thick so i haven't ordered that dish since BUT Every time i come here now, i get the same because it is that good! the chicken strips and chips, so simply yet tasty, and the kitchen staff always whip up a chilli mayo for me

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I went here last Friday with my son and his wife, first the bad, on entering the place seemed to lack any atmosphere, bar area smelt like a old pub that needed a clean and the bar top was dirty and sticky with spilt drinks and the staff seemed a bit unsocial, could be because they had been on the go all day and we where almost there last customers. Shown to our table and ordered our food which I must say arrived very promptly was very tasty and there was plenty of it and at a very good price. So if you just want to eat good food at a reasonable price its good, but sorry in my opinion the place is impersonal and is all about get them in, feed them, and get them out.

1  Thank BrianBurnley